Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 04:48 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,938,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What a load of carp! If they were worried about small businesses they would work to make the code more progressive. The current corporate tax structure hurts small businesses more than large companies because the rates are not linearly progressive and small companies can't transfer profits overseas nearly as easily.

What you posted were statutory rates -- without deductions. With deductions, corporations pay a historical low rate and many very profitable companies, like GE, pay no taxes. Obama's proposal forces companies to pay on the foreign tax loophole.

One also needs a better definition of "small business," many of which are large businesses.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You ar seriously brain dead.
Glad to know I am dealing with a gentleman as opposed to a raving teenager

Quote:
Obviously an Obama lover.
Nah, I pulled for Ron Paul. You write-in Justin Bieber, or did your mother instruct otherwise?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,989,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is what they are proposing. As expected GOP rejected it, just like they did the first time a tax cut was proposed. I guess they are staying loyal to the corporations who enjoy the loop holes, but the problem is that small business could really use a tax cut to the corporate rates. It pains me to watch GOP rant about lower taxes while rejecting every effort to lower the rates. I guess they are afraid they'd have noting to complain about if they agreed to lower taxes.

Voting to NOT lower the tax rate is staying loyal now to the corporations? Really? Did you read what you just wrote?

Those small business folks will be the ones funding the billions Obama is talking about to use to fund job programs. YOu call that lowering taxes on small business? I though lowering tax rates meant you paid less to the government. Unbelievable.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 PM

[quote=Finn_Jarber;30737823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The rate will not help. [\quote] Low taxes do not help? Well, thanks for sharing.

yes, that's what I said. That is why they need a corporate tax reform to lower the rate while cutting the loopholes, exemptions and subsidies. You are free to disagree. Why do I get a feeling you'd be a big supporter of tax cuts if it was proposed by a republican.
Where are they cutting loopholes, or laws as other call them, exemptions and subsidies? I didn't hear the great leader make a chirp about that. Maybe I missed it though. Is this his plan? This secret plan that apparently nobody knows about but him and you?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yet again, obama wants to use his office to pick winners and losers.
And like always the losers are the hard working middle class in the US that he and the democrats keep championing they are the only ones who can help. If they keep helping the middle class will be in the poor house.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:43 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,901,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
""The first we heard about this ‘offer’ was through the press. So it’s probably not really a serious effort to break the log-jam," the aide said."

Translation.......Obama yapping more nonsense.

Read more: Obama's Grand Bargain DOA, Boehner Says - Business Insider
Except Obama personally called Boehner last night to tell him and Boehner refused to take the call and refused to call the President back. Then after refusing to talk to the man he whines that he wasn't informed. Typical Republican lies and nonsense.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM

So you are Obama's personal operator now? Perhaps you can tell us who he was on the horn with during the Benghazi attack. He can't seem to remember. Wonder if he was on the horn with Bohner? Or more likely at one of his favorite Chicago bath houses.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Voting to NOT lower the tax rate is staying loyal now to the corporations? Really? Did you read what you just wrote?
Yes, and if you had read with comprehension, you would know what I meant. Large corporations enjoy tax burdens as low as zero % because they have been able to lobby massive loopholes into the system to help them with the taxes. When Reagan did what is being proposed now, those loopholes disappeared and some large corporations ended up paying more, while most corporations, (the small and medium sized ones) would end up paying less due to the lower rates. GOP refusal to overhaul the system by removing loopholes, exemptions and subsidies for large corporations while reducing the rate tells me that they are staying loyal to the large corporations who put them on office.

Quote:
Those small business folks will be the ones funding the billions Obama is
talking about to use to fund job programs. YOu call that lowering taxes on
small business? I though lowering tax rates meant you paid less to the
government. Unbelievable
Yes, when you lower the tax rate, you pay less. It's not complicated.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Except Obama personally called Boehner last night to tell him and Boehner refused to take the call and refused to call the President back. Then after refusing to talk to the man he whines that he wasn't informed. Typical Republican lies and nonsense.
Yes, that kind of behavior is the very face of the problem the nation faces today, and explains why the Congress approval rating is lower than ever before.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,038,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What you posted were statutory rates -- without deductions. With deductions, corporations pay a historical low rate and many very profitable companies, like GE, pay no taxes. Obama's proposal forces companies to pay on the foreign tax loophole.

One also needs a better definition of "small business," many of which are large businesses.
You do realize that obama had Jeffrey Immelt as his lead "jobs czar".

In case you don't know, he was the CEO of GE.

GM also paid zero federal taxes....obama saved GM, er, used OUR tax dollars illegally to bail them out to the tune of $50 BILLION DOLLARS!

Remember this...."GM is alive and Bin Laden is dead!"?

Lefties are so damned intellectually dishonest that it makes me sick!

Government made the very tax laws that businesses use, and complain when they are beaten at their own game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.