Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

When I see Hillary I think of three things:

Benghazi,

Back when Bill was president Hillary who tried health care reform said that nurses were over paid and undereducated. The nurses were furious and put the news clipping on the nurses lounge bulletin board.

Hillary's husband Bill honesty "I did not have sexual relations with that woman Monica Lewinsky".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
"predicting" are we? I "predicted" she wouldn't run after the 2008 election. I wonder what I will win if I'm right? It wasn't some super duper analysis that led me to that conclusion either. I may be wrong but unless she says something about it I won't entertain the idea.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
If you hadn't noticed, leaders in the Republic Party are terribly scared of Hillary and they won't nominate someone like Christie who can beat her in a general election.
Yes they are scared of Hillary lol Christie would be a formidable opponent and fascinating to watch since they would both attract independents. And independents are the key. But no, Christie will never win the nom because he is not conservative enough. Plus I guess he's considered a rino

Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes they are scared of Hillary lol Christie would be a formidable opponent and fascinating to watch since they would both attract independents. And independents are the key. But no, Christie will never win the nom because he is not conservative enough. Plus I guess he's considered a rino
The GOP is terrified of Hillary. I love watching them start to get nervous about Hillary.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The GOP is terrified of Hillary. I love watching them start to get nervous about Hillary.
What really has them worried is that the whole effort to make Benghazi into Watergate did nothing to really erode her popularity. That's killing them.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
What really has them worried is that the whole effort to make Benghazi into Watergate did nothing to really erode her popularity. That's killing them.
I agree, not only the attacks on Clinton:

Obama fake birth certificate = complete bust

Obama $7 a gallon gas = complete bust

Fast and furious = complete bust

Benghazi = complete bust

IRS "scandal" = compete bust

Now the right wing machine is going after Detriot as they have nothing else to propagate.

It's unreal the amount of BS that is fed to the right wing fools, and they lap it up like the mother's milk

Old 07-31-2013, 06:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I was very surprised that Obama came out the winner.
I thought for sure Clinton was going to be on the ballot and would have voted for her.
Well, me too. I lived in WV at the time, a heavily Democratic state (Blue Dog Democrat) and imagine their astonishment when they had to choose between a woman and a black man.

Heads were exploding all over the place.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Didn't Rush predict Romney? Who cares what this fat ass loser says.

Lets see him predict between Paul/Christie...

Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
I dunno, I've seen pics of her, and she looks unwell to me. But then 2016 is three years away.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree with the premise that you are getting at the GOP are far more stupid with the "If you put a fork into a light socket it's going to shock you, you don't do it again" mind set by running the same losers over and over again until they finally realize these idiots are unelectable.

The democrats on the other hand do shy away from politicians after they are found unelectable as a 2nd time around is highly unlikely to change things. Hillary on the other hand I would say is a big exception.

During the 2008 primaries, it was a dead heat between Clinton and Obama. Both were highly liked and it was one of the most competitive primaries I've ever seen. After Obama won the election, he hired Clinton to be SOS likely from how much she was approved of by the party.

All the polls have been showing Clinton is still highly approved of and would completely dominate the field if she ran.
Honestly, the only reason I think Hilary Clinton DIDN'T get the nomination in 08 was because there hadn't been enough time after the Bill Clinton administration. Since then she's served a successful stint as Secretary of State, and more time has passed. I think she'll be the democratic nominee. The D's like her, and she's tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies