Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
why are u changing the subject? I will answer anyway...I donno because I haven't thought it out.
I wasn't. You were talking about tar lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Pot smoking may cause permanent brain damage

They are talking about young kids and teens here. The developing brain.
Fair enough.

[legalize it anyway for use by those 18+]

Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not sure, that is for the teachers to figure out and they do.
No they don't. What makes you think they do??

Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My home was just fine - two loving and attentive parents, well-educated and eventually quite wealthy. I still did stupid stuff as a teen, just like so many of my similarly-raised friends. Teens are often dumb, whether they come from a "broken home" or not... the main differences lie in long-term success, as those of us from good homes usually get past the stupidity more easily than the rest.

Are you claiming to have never done ANYTHING dumb in your youth? That question goes for janelle too, although I doubt she'd admit to being anything but perfect.

Edit: I think I misread your comment, and actually agree with what you were saying there. But my comments still stand otherwise!
I'll go with this......yes kids do dumb stuff, but as of today there are more broken homes and kids looking to escape no matter what they use. I think it takes a start of family morals, although we stray we always come back if our parents taught us well. I've seen this in my own kids.

By the way no I didn't do stupid stuff, it was more like misguided fun!

Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
why are u changing the subject? I will answer anyway...I donno because I haven't thought it out.
It's clear you haven't thought out your anti-pot argument either, lol.

For one thing, since when does marijuana have TAR in it?? It shouldn't even have chemicals, if you grow and/or buy organic product. Thanks to our medical marijuana laws here in California, I have the luxury of buying in state-licensed dispensaries... they only buy from local sources, and label everything with its full components. How is that NOT better than the old days, when we had to buy from random hippies on Haight Street?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
how does a kid stay away from that legal hard liquor when the parents are drinking it right in front of them,!!! and not to mention with all the advertisements on the TV pushing booze SLAP ,SLAP.. NO KID SHOULD DO DRUGS UNTILL A RIPE 21 YEARS OF AGE,, JUST LIKE BOOZE..
What about the commercial with the girl coming out of the pool with a beer in hand. Bet teenagers don't fantasize about this, let alone associate it with drinking.....

Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I wonder if anybody has seen a teen on alcohol?? alcohol makes them retarded.!!!
You just offended someone.....not sure who, but from what I here this word is offensive and should be ban. Alcohol makes them crazy I went to give some 22 year olds and ride and have to say it took me back in time.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No they don't. What makes you think they do??
Because my neice just told me. She had two students last year smoking it in front of her. She is young and they were testing her. She said----"oh no, not on my watch" and she took them to the principle. It happens, what makes you think it doesn't? The use is blantant now and more out in the open.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 PM

545 posts, read 451,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's clear you haven't thought out your anti-pot argument either, lol.

For one thing, since when does marijuana have TAR in it?? It shouldn't even have chemicals, if you grow and/or buy organic product. Thanks to our medical marijuana laws here in California, I have the luxury of buying in state-licensed dispensaries... they only buy from local sources, and label everything with its full components. How is that NOT better than the old days, when we had to buy from random hippies on Haight Street?
There is enough study on this to sink a ship ...its everywhere....yu guys are saying there is no chemical in weed, ( over 400

What Chemicals Are in Marijuana and Its Byproducts? - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

also found as some here are saying its no big deal at school... -A recent study of marijuana users who began using in adolescence revealed a profound deficit in connections between brain areas responsible for learning and memory. And a large prospective study (following individuals across time) showed that people who began smoking marijuana heavily in their teens lost as much as 8 points in IQ between age 13 and age 38; importantly, the lost cognitive abilities were not restored in those who quit smoking marijuana as adults.

I couldn't care less if it was legalized (age) . Its a sedative, if someone needs it or likes it thats their deal...theres nothing upbeat or vogue about it, its a drug.

Last edited by macpherson; 07-30-2013 at 11:17 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 11:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Not good to put nay chemical in your blood stream that effects the brain chemistry. Even medicine meant to control disease can have negative effects when involving the brain chemistry. No one knows the long term effects. I know friend who use to smoke marijuana just recreationally think it had huge effect on their thinking and might have huge effects even now. years after they stopped totally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies