Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,572 times

Advertisements

Yeah that would totally tick me off, I guarantee no one is that stupid to do that to me or my homeboy. We would seriously jack those teens up and I honestly don't think a person would go to jail if they defended themselves, I bet if one of those teens got knocked out, the rest would back off and run away. Call the cops for good measure to cover your butt and your in the clear. It makes me want to carry mace now that's for sure, I have honestly never heard of popping or whatever it was called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree but remember you can only fight back if you are NOT white or hispanic.
Well then I'm screwed then! lol. I don't believe in that, I was always taught that if someone hits you that you have the right to defend yourself and hit them back.

Btw, good post on the one above that was kinda long, I read it and I feel the same way, you have a choice, either fight or get knocked out. If you get knocked out, you are at the mercy of whoever is around, and if there isn't anyone, well there is a good chance that you are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yep a bunch of Rich white millenials- such tough guys!

From a Catholic HS none the Less! Glad they are demonstrating Good Christian behavior.
did u watch the same video as me?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
I wonder why Obama, Jackson and Sharpton are not commenting on this one?

Yanno, if all 3 of those men wanted to do something productive for the black community, they would speak out openly about how when you make a decission to do something wrong, it affects not just yourself, but everyone who knows you and loves you. They would be preaching and I mean preaching education...both moral and scholastic....I mean they would be doing everything they could to re-educate poverty....
Bullies as in this video are dangerous, and this is what the President, Jackson and Sharpton should be honing in on....

Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I wonder why Obama, Jackson and Sharpton are not commenting on this one?

Yanno, if all 3 of those men wanted to do something productive for the black community, they would speak out openly about how when you make a decission to do something wrong, it affects not just yourself, but everyone who knows you and loves you. They would be preaching and I mean preaching education...both moral and scholastic....I mean they would be doing everything they could to re-educate poverty....
Bullies as in this video are dangerous, and this is what the President, Jackson and Sharpton should be honing in on....
The better question would be, why haven't white leaders spoken out about the white community issue.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The better question would be, why haven't white leaders spoken out about the white community issue.
your right, but basically, it reminded me of Philly, and how the mobs there attack others....even the girls, they act like animals....and yes, the white community should also speak out...
there were both white and black kids involved in that video, weren't there?

I don't believe this is a white or black problem, I believe this is a problem that faces all groups, as one...Bullies.
this is an issue all to often happening all over the country...

I hope, like anything they find out who all those kids were, and they get in big big trouble...
This is what you get when kids do not fear a consequence for their actions.

I don't believe this should be a black or white problem, but a problem for the entire united states as a community

Old 08-01-2013, 09:36 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is not true. There are some great neighbors here in San Clemente who are hispanic utterly rich, nice and giving people to boot.

These are people who have strived for their childlren to make a good decent sucessful life for their children. They don't have the 6 or 7 children. But two.

They have the American Flag flying proudly in front of their homes actually a couple hispanic families that do. They have pride in the example setforth for their children, both husband and wives. College eduacted, beautiful homes, paid for, and own their own business.

This may not be rich to some, but they are pretty well off, that counts to me. And what they do buy, is paid for immediately, most people could learn that lesson.
Please re-read my post and try again since you should have written this in response to the OTHER poster that implied they couldn't be hispanics because they were from a rich kids school. I was challenging that assertion, and you just launched a rant against the wrong guy.

If you aren't going to take the time to read peoples posts, then please don't bother responding.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Because this doesn't happen disproportionately among white kids. It's a problem, but "whiteness" doesn't seem to be a substantial statistical factor.

This isn't exactly rocket science, it's just common sense.

White "leaders" (do we even have those?) should be speaking about issues that solely or disproportionately affect whites. Anything else, not much point in speaking to it from the standpoint of whiteness.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
haha, look at the black infatuation with this ONE story, but refuse to acknowledge the many, many more that happen in the black community. HILARIOUS!

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...ient=firefox-a

Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Over some minor house-party brawl?

What exactly is the "white community issue"?

Can we please at least use ethnicity instead of the pigmentation definitions where apparantly there are just whites and blacks in the US and that's it?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:46 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
I don't click into these things but I find the way our country is headed to be scary.

Too bad we are not allowed to teach in the schools, "Be ye kind one to another; tenderhearted loving one another." A lot of people do not like the Bible and its teaching; but it would certainly solve a lot of the problems we have in this country today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies