Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes - you are crazy 39 67.24%
No - i agree, expand Guantanamo 19 32.76%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:09 PM

27,124 posts, read 15,303,353 times

Advertisements

Yes expand it.

We need a Politician Wing added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 03:39 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its cute that people think we can lock up everyone who doesn't like us, while all the while creating more of them.
Even cuter that we should also round up those who threaten our allies.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:41 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Our existence is whats creating them.
Better to keep these freaks locked up than running around the Middle East plotting attacks against us.
How about the US get out of the business of the Middle East, Afghanistan and Pakistan? Would certainly reduce the threat level. Then they can threaten each other and fight amongst themselves.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:55 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,260,621 times
I agree with closing it ASAP. I also wonder about those (including politicians, etc.) who so easily label people as "terrorists" when there has been no evidence, no trial...They are "alleged" terrorists, folks, and since we continue to have undeclared wars, they can't be "enemy combatants." They are political prisoners, pure and simple, and we have indeed become Russia. And I'm a leftist, BTW.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Me thinks we should expand the facility but tone down the torture.
Not get rid of torture, but tone it down? 45 seconds of waterboarding instead of 50?

Quote:
Every single high profile terrorist who threatens attacks against our great country or one of our allies should be sent to G Bay. we can't be sending them to random prisons in African or Middle Eastern countries where they could easily escape.

Guantanamo is highly secured, technically speaking it is in the United States but it is far from the main land and far from the middle east/africa.
Instead of treating symptoms, treat the cause. Bring the troops home and quit being the policeman of the world. Just by being over there, it makes us less safe by inciting hatred for America.
All over a cause that has nothing to do with protecting our borders and everything to do with oil. Crony capitalism is job one!

Old 08-01-2013, 06:36 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,996,087 times
The Guantanamo prison shouldn't exist in the first place; its continued existence is a blight on America and a reflection of the depraved character of the American government. You can imagine how I feel about expanding it.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:43 AM

945 posts, read 967,929 times
Quote:
Every single high profile terrorist who threatens attacks against our great country or one of our allies should be sent to G Bay. we can't be sending them to random prisons in African or Middle Eastern countries where they could easily escape.

Guantanamo is highly secured, technically speaking it is in the United States but it is far from the main land and far from the middle east/africa.

Guantanamo is unconstitutional and illegal. Try them in courts and keep them with general population like the criminals they are and give them their day in court.

Considering some of these guy will undoubtedly be innocent or less-than-what-they-appear, we will be indefinitely detaining some innocent people which is unacceptable and immoral.

Only a war-monger without logic would want to expand something so stupid.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:05 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:

What torture?

Old 08-01-2013, 07:24 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,344 times
Quote:

It's 2013.
Is there a statute of limitation for crimes against humanity?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:22 AM

87 posts, read 82,275 times
Quote:
In your dreams
No I am very serious what do you think the NDAA was for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies