Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes - you are crazy 39 67.24%
No - i agree, expand Guantanamo 19 32.76%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The low information crowd still thinks
we waterboarded prisoners at Gitmo.
That never happened.
Prisoners are well treated and provided
with the things their religion requires.
I would sure rather be there with my buds
then stuck in some SuperMax prison in the US.
But I suppose the hand wringers just wanna release em all.
If you are saying that waterboarding never happened, you possess NO information. Read this - there are pages and pages about waterboarding:

Waterboarding News - The New York Times

Here's a list of interrogation techniques, which includes waterboarding.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If you are saying that waterboarding never happened, you possess NO information. Read this - there are pages and pages about waterboarding:

Here's a list of interrogation techniques, which includes waterboarding.

Waterboarding was done overseas, not at Gitmo.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:29 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,261,146 times
Whether or not prisoners were tortured we may never know, because they HAVE NOT HAD DUE PROCESS. The majority of them may be innocent of any wrongdoing. Holding possibly innocent people against their will (for YEARS) on borrowed soil -- does that sound constitutional? Not to me.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:38 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
Whether or not prisoners were tortured we may never know, because they HAVE NOT HAD DUE PROCESS. The majority of them may be innocent of any wrongdoing. Holding possibly innocent people against their will (for YEARS) on borrowed soil -- does that sound constitutional? Not to me.
Doesn't apply to non American Citizens...... But go ahead and close it...Do a Katyn Forest on the ones left and in furture provide "due process" in the field..........

Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Waterboarding was done overseas, not at Gitmo.
Gitmo is based in Cuba and yes, there was waterboarding done at Gitmo. Cuba is not part of the US. Waterboarding was never done on US soil so, yeah, Cuba would probably fall under "overseas".

Old 08-01-2013, 04:10 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Gitmo is based in Cuba and yes, there was waterboarding done at Gitmo. Cuba is not part of the US. Waterboarding was never done on US soil so, yeah, Cuba would probably fall under "overseas".
You can call President Bush and Vice-President Cheney
and the CIA liars if you want, but I'll wager you can't prove it.
Quote:
Former President George W. Bush, his Vice President Dick Cheney and the CIA have said that waterboarding was used only on three senior al-Qaida suspects at secret CIA black sites in Thailand and Poland – Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, Aby Zubayda and Abd al-Rahman al-Nashiri, all currently being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:19 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
The low information crowd still thinks
That never happened.
Prisoners are well treated and provided
with the things their religion requires.
I would sure rather be there with my buds
then stuck in some SuperMax prison in the US.
But I suppose the hand wringers just wanna release em all.
"The low information crowd still thinks
That never happened."

I know. That ois why i asked the question.

There are still many people who don't believe waterboarding is torture. I am one of them.

if anyone wants to find out what torture is, read any books on how our enemies, German, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc.

Waterboarding doesn't even come close.

Heck, we even do it to our SEALS and other military in training.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times
Yes, it's torture.

Quote:
(1) “torture” means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control; (2) “severe mental pain or suffering” means the prolonged mental harm caused by or resulting from— (A) the intentional infliction or threatened infliction of severe physical pain or suffering;
(B) the administration or application, or threatened administration or application, of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or the personality;
(C) the threat of imminent death; or
(D) the threat that another person will imminently be subjected to death, severe physical pain or suffering, or the administration or application of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or personality;

18 USC § 2340 - Definitions | Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

I don't know why you guys don't just look things up. As for why you do it to your own military, it's to train them to withstand it.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:56 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAnc View Post
Soon enough will see average every day Americans who believe in the constitution or a different style of government thrown in G Bay.
I was kinda hoping that would be the other way around. I think the typical gun owner can ENFORCE that to be the other way around just as soon as Obama is IMPEACHED and tired for what he is a tratior. He and his ilk can go live on G.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Guantanamo is a sore and should had never be built. The Soviet Union had similar facilities in Siberia, built with similar purpose in mind. Soviets were daily attacked by the US and the west for keeping such camps.
Today in the 21 century Gitmo has no place. It causes enormous damage to US and its interests all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies