Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If you're lucky. They'll still try to rat-pack you.
They're quite inconsequential to me, actually. I find it amusing that we (gay people) hold so much importance for them. It's odd to me that someone I don't know gives me so much importance and head space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Please do. If you were to engage in earnest discussion, you might learn something and have to lose grip on your shibboleths and propaganda for a few minutes.
Ummm...yeah...you make about as much sense as, well, the other bigots on here. Now come back with your "witty" retort, and I'll do you the favor of not responding, that way you get the last word that is so important to your itty bitty little ego

Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Bwahahahaha! You seriously believe that? That's right, you also think the medical community figuring out that it isn't a mental disease was some sort of a political conspiracy. Why are you so afraid of gay people? It's disturbing.
LOL!

Except one thing...

Spoiler
they didn't "figure it out"

Old 07-31-2013, 11:16 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There is NO such thing as an ex-Gay.
Period.

People are "gay" or they are not, much the same as those with Red Hair or those who are Left Handed.
You are, or you are not .... Red Headed, Left Handed or "Gay".
Who are you to tell others what they are or what they aren't?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Someone promoted the myth that sexuality is equal to race and now they can't do a thing with their washed brains.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
i hate how people are shocked that churches are against gay marriage.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Exactly. I was born this way, I can't change. That doesn't mean there aren't people who think they are gay, seek out help, and come to terms with their issues that causes them to think this. Granted, study after study has shown this to be impossible, but whatever floats their boat! As long as they are not hurting anyone.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i hate how people are shocked that churches are against gay marriage.
I hate how people refuse to recognize the difference between religious beliefs and democratic equality.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
It's a shame they didn't invite Alan Chambers, president of the now closed down Exodus International- one of the biggest "ex-gay" organisations.

Alan Chambers, president of Exodus apologises to gay and lesbian people:
“I am sorry for the pain and hurt that many of you have experienced. I am sorry some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents.

“I am sorry I didn’t stand up to people publicly ‘on my side’ who called you names like sodomite—or worse. I am sorry that I, knowing some of you so well, failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry that when I celebrated a person coming to Christ and surrendering their sexuality to Him, I callously celebrated the end of relationships that broke your heart. I am sorry I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine.

“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives.

Read more... Exodus Int

Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezkiln View Post
True, but it's not morally wrong to be left handed just like it's not morally wrong to be gay.
It used to be. It wasn't that long ago when being left-handed was seen as a sign of the Devil by some religious zealots.

Left-handers can be trained to use their right hands for some things, but they still continue to default to their left-dominant hand.

Interestingly, there is a much higher percentage of left-handers amongst gay men than straight men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies