Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 03:41 PM

500 posts, read 374,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
By that logic, if you inherit a car with body damage from someone, do you mystically become the one who caused that damage or do you just become the one attempting to fix it?
Oh, how quickly they forget that Oblaba was a senator during Bush's presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 03:53 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,937,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

Since you introduced Gitmo into the thread, I can respond, which I did, with facts.

And when you make false statements or tell a lie, I can call you on your statements and lies. And I will continue to do so.

Is there some rule I missed about addressing a post??
Usually folks address posts that are to them. You now run around stalking me throwing out nonsense. All to deflect. I lied about nothing. If you had actually read the thread you would know that but you only appear to read what I write. I guess if you keep that up you may learn something so good job.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 PM

26,885 posts, read 15,101,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why yes he did say that.............

Obama: Al Qaeda is on 'a path to defeat'; calls for resetting terror policy - Washington Times

Of course in true Obama form he was just lying again. Probably thinks AQ is a new burger joint that his loyal workers need their pay raised to make things all fair.

"(Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri slammed U.S. treatment of hunger striking inmates at Guantanamo Bay and said the group would spare no effort to free them, according to an audio recording posted on the Internet on Wednesday. Zawahri also said Shi'ite Hezbollah's intervention in the conflict in Syria was an attempt to promote Iranian hegemony over the country.
"The (hunger) strike by our brothers at Guantanamo unmasks the true ugly face of (the United States of) America," Zawahri said in an audio recording posted on an Islamist website and whose authenticity could not be verified.
"We pledge to God that we will spare no effort to free all our prisoners, on top of whom are Omar Abdel Rahman, Aafia Siddiqui, Khaled Sheikh Mohammed and every oppressed Muslim everywhere ...," he added, referring to prominent Islamist militants held by the United States.
He did not elaborate on what al Qaeda intended to do, but militants have in the past kidnapped Westerners and sought to trade them for jailed comrades.
Al Qaeda has also claimed responsibility for simultaneous raids on two Iraqi prisons last week in which they said more than 500 inmates had been set free. And in Pakistan, Taliban broke 250 prisoners out of a jail on Tuesday."

Zawahri vows al Qaeda to free Guantanamo inmates | Reuters

Meanwhile our own government appears convinced that WE, the citizens, are the real threat to the country.

Starting to seem like that was the plan all along.
That's how we are treated.

Sort of being protected like a Prisoner.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:05 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,269,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Oh dear! Looks like some Americans don't even know the name of their POTUS, unless you thought you were being clever.
If that's the case.....fail.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,608,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
present!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 AM

1 posts, read 424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You know I wasn't even responding to you in the first place I was responding to the poster who brought up 911. You then interject your off topic attacks and now supply info about gitmo detainees that only you want to see. Go start your own thread about gitmo and stop trying to take this one off topic.......for once.
You are the last person that should be attempting to hide behind the ToS. haha.

You introduced the topic. Deal with the repurcussions. If you can't respond with on-topic discussion then shut up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies