Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well the NSA is spying on everyone in the world so all countries now have "concern" or haven't you been keeping up ?
Remember the hot lady named Chapman? Russian spy? We returned her and her friends to Russia, no questions asked.

Wake up! China, Russia and terrorists have been spying on us for years. Whether it be in our defense, manufacturing, etc. It's a known fact that countries spy on each other so NSA returns the favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Read the Patriot Act.
Everyone said Manning was a traitor too but the jury said otherwise.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
If the physical safety of a country of 300 million people - the wealthiest and mightiest nation-state to ever exist on Earth - is dependent upon the Federal government secretly spying on it's own citizens, running secret prisons and killing citizens without trials, then we might as well turn out the lights and call this great experiment an unmitigated failure.

If we want to be a surveillance state of perpetually frightened bed-wetters then maybe the Brits will take us back.
Don't you mean deepest in debt of any nation at any time in all history? The country you are talking about used to occupy this land mass but that place and it;s life style are gone.

We have a federal govt that stole the money, abused the CONS, lies every day, more than once, sells guns we the people can't buy to drug cartels, refuses to close the borders and in fact encourages illegals to cross. ad nauseum

A win win because the fed get everyone this way. As well as just plain spy on the people.

I hope Snowden is cleared and runs for President. No could be possibly be worse than this freak Obama!

I for one appreciated hearing the truth for once.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Remember the hot lady named Chapman? Russian spy? We returned her and her friends to Russia, no questions asked.

Wake up! China, Russia and terrorists have been spying on us for years. Whether it be in our defense, manufacturing, etc. It's a known fact that countries spy on each other so NSA returns the favor.
She was part of a prisoner swap.

Snowden isn't a Russian prisoner.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This could all have been orchestrated. Whistleblower releases some allowable info and then runs off to Russia making it look like squealers shouldn't be trusted. if that's the case the feds screwed up and had their plan backfire big time because Snowden still generated near universal support and the feds were criticized soundly. Nobody with any brains likes the government any more, at least not how its acting these days. Bobble head Obama is a joke and nobody takes his agenda seriously.
Obama is clueless. He has no idea what is going on in his administration and he doesn't care. He's too busy BSing by making speeches, going on vacation and signing executive orders to do it his way.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I hope we get to this traitor and send a very public message. I have a feeling he will not be leaving Russia anytime soon,alive anyway.
Lets get the traitor living in the white house first ok?

Old 08-01-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
In my opinion...

He stole classified data, and seems only to be interested in running to mostly anti-American countries.
Seems pretty "traitor-ish" to me.

If you think the Russians aren't going to atleast try to see what else they can get out of him you are blind.
But But But you Democrat PC love the red commies...... Far too late to deny that now.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I personally have nothing to hide, and don't plan to have anything to hide in the future.
If I wanted to suddenly get paranoid about privacy, I'd be more worried about companies like google etc.
That explains everything, and why you need no rights... papers please....

Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I was listening to one hacktavist and he made a very good point. With EMR, and all records online now the NSA is going to have all of our healthcare data too. What docs we see, what conditions we have, and what meds we take.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I was listening to one hacktavist and he made a very good point. With EMR, and all records online now the NSA is going to have all of our healthcare data too. What docs we see, what conditions we have, and what meds we take.
Are you just waking up to this now ?

What's left that is NOT online ?

FWIW I still fill in the paper 1040 every year and handwrite the envelope.
Sure they can scan it but I'm gonna make them work to get "my stuff".

Maybe that "mark of the beast" is real after all ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies