Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I feel the same way about country and rock music. Talks about nothing but murder, getting drunk, sleeping around, doing drugs and promoting a lawless state.
I was drunk the day my mama got out of prison
and I went to pick her up in the rain
but before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got run over by a d*mned ole train
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 05:00 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Oh really? So if you are more qualified than any applicant for a job interview...but I don't like how you speak...I can not hire you based of that and all is fair?
it's not against the law, is it? life isn't fair. that was a really bad example. employers hire who they want these days.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...you went to Wikipedia, and you wanna talk about "the more you know."

If I played a Too Short song, you couldn't tell it apart from a Vanilla Ice song. GTHOH.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Rock & Country Music combined has never degraded women as much as Rap Music has. Its never referred to them as ******* & hoes so blatantly. They make no bones about making women out to be the scum of the Earth. If I were a woman, especially a Black woman I would be outraged at the kinds of rot they spew out of their gold grill mouths.
just like country and rock, not all rap is that way. why should I be personally offended by the use of "b**ches" and h**s" anymore than I should be offended by women trotting around in high heels like prostitutes barely wearing any clothes? the truth is they are both degrading to women. rap isn't extra bad, because it's made by black people.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:34 PM

500 posts, read 375,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Seems more like we need to ban all people who like to dictate what black people can or like to do.
And by the way, whatever music you deem as superior [rock, pop, alternative] to rap was also derived from the same soul/R&B music that parented rap.
Who said anything about black people? Oh........YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why must conservatives constantly argue for the government to make laws to limit what people other than themselves can say, think, listen to, and do?
Who said anything about the government? Oh.......YOU!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I feel the same way about country and rock music. Talks about nothing but murder, getting drunk, sleeping around, doing drugs and promoting a lawless state.
Really? Your ears need cleaning.

This is my favorite C&M song. No murder, no getting drunk, no sleeping around, no drugs, no lawless state.

I could give you literally hundreds of examples.

George Jones ,HE STOPPED LOVING HER TODAY - YouTube

Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Let's not ban any offensive word.

We ban one then we'll end up like England where there is a whole list of offensive language that will get you jail time.

Freedom to be offensive is a very valuable right.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think most people who take offense to the word do so because they put it in context of those who put blacks into bondage and denied them freedom and civil rights, and I think many people who use the word simply do it because they know they shouldn't. We've elevated the word to a sometimes ridiculous consciousness where some act like its utterance should bring about jail time for someone not black saying it.

The problem white people have is that blacks use the word all the time. White people need to get over it, plain and simple. I do find the hyperventilating sports talkers on TV to be almost comical in their disgust over what some drunk redneck said at a concert. I'm talking to you Mike Wilbon.
I think those who use the context of blacks in bondage, etc, are the ones who need a serious realignment.

99% of them have never seen bondage and/or slavery. They have every single opportunity as everybody. How they choose to deal with those opportunities says a lot about their inability and just plain laziness. They would rather blame something they never experienced than get off their butts and make something of themselves.

And if they think for one second I'm gonna feel guilt or cut any slack, they are 100% dead wrong. I will look down on them for not rising to the level of their own ability, but I will not, under any circumstances, take blame for their failures and incompetence.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
oh no no. you have freedom of speech and we have the freedom to react how we please.
lol. React all you want. Don't you feel silly? You should.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Lol country music isn't in the same league as Hip Hop when it comes to guns, drugs, murder and misogyny...not even close

But country music sucks anyway...

also, guns in regards to lyrics could use a lot of help from context. Is it a hick shooting off his shotgun in texas where its legal? Is it a registered firearm? Is it in self defense? Is it in NYC?? Is it used in a drug deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies