Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:50 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I agree. Our age group will not be as well off as the Xers or the boomers.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The reason being is many of you think you have all the answers. Yet so many are still living at home with their parents blaming climate change for your sense of entitlement.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Good for you for working those hours but I am sorry you had to work that much in the prime of your life.

Did not have much of a bachelor(ette)hood did you?
That's is just it.. do you want your fun now while your in your "prime" or do you want to enjoy the latter part of your life. Personally I think that those that work hard early on have the best payoffs.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Good for you for working those hours but I am sorry you had to work that much in the prime of your life.

Did not have much of a bachelor(ette)hood did you?
I had a girlfriend the entire time I was working those hours. At my busiest (90 hour weeks) I didn't work after 5pm on friday, saturday or sunday, so that still gave me time to be social.

- I had groceries delivered to my office (no grocery shopping)
- I bought a townhouse without a yard (no maintenance)
- I didn't do my own laundry or clean my own house (hired someone to do it)
- I did almost 100% of my shopping (including clothes) online
- I cooked all of my meals for the next two weeks at once and froze them so that I didn't have to spend any time cooking day to day
- I set up all of these online/delivery/service things while eating lunch at my desk, so I didn't waste any time

Other than the cleaning service, none of what I listed above was any more expensive than traditional ways of managing your life. When you 'automate' the busywork in your life, it is amazing how much time you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies