Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,064,161 times

Advertisements

After being forced to pull a THUD bill from the floor in the house and filibustering the same in the Senate, i'm trying to figure out how the tea party figures to accomplish their goals. For the 5th or 6th time since the election, republicans in the house had to pull a bill because it didn't have the support of 218 republicans, this is in addition to having to pass legislation violating the Hastert rule. I'm really trying to figure out what it is they are trying to accomplish.

1. Back in February, you force the Democrats to pass a budget for the 1st time in 4 years, but than you refuse to set up conference committees to hash out the differences.

2. You split the farm bill into 2 pieces. Keep in mind, this is after having the original bill fail. You pass the farm portion, but that was just simply welfare to farmers. The SNAP portion you plan to cut by 40 billion, but that won't happen, and the funding levels will be the same in the CR.

3. You have Cruz, lee, rubio talking about shutdown if we fund obamacare, but even republicans in the Senate and some in the house have shot that idea down.

4. You pass a paul ryan austerity budget in April, which called for steep cuts, but when it came time to pass the appropriations bills for the THUD bill, you couldn't enough republicans to vote for it, and you have the chair acknowledging that alot of republicans were uncomfortable with the steep cuts.

5. You've voted to pass abortion legislation, and repeal obamacare 1000 times, even though you know its DOA in the Senate.

6. With all those spending bills still needed to be completed, instead of working on that, you have been passing bills trying limit government regulations on the IRS, EPA, etc in what has been called "Stop the Government Abuse Week" (Seriously, that's the name they gave it), by the way, these bills are DOA in the Senate.

Am I missing something here? I'm at lost for words right now. There doesn't seem to be a coherent strategy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 03:57 PM

23,611 posts, read 23,913,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Am I missing something here?
Yes, although my telling you for the umpteenth time probably isn't going to make any difference.

TEA Part movement != Republican Party

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled mindless, ignorant ranting.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:36 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,291,810 times
For crying out loud...instead of beating up the Tea Party, who has no power whatsoever, why don't you ask Obama if he's ever had a serious jobs program.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:55 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,064,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
For crying out loud...instead of beating up the Tea Party, who has no power whatsoever, why don't you ask Obama if he's ever had a serious jobs program.
Please, they have plenty of power. They have turned the house into a comedy show and made the senate barely functional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies