Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM

808 posts, read 662,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, if there is a brightside...we are at least hearing about these types of events and there are consequences for the officers in most of these situations and legal recourse like the guy that got left in the cell getting 4mil. and so forth.

So, at least the press and legal system are giving us SOME respite from idiots like this.

ONe thing in the back of my mind might be that whomever did the informing might have lied to the police and told them they were also growing\making drugs. Someone with an axe to grind like a former worker, jilted lover type....it happens.
It is always a possibility. Still one supposes that if such a possibility is almost obvious to lazy message board attenders, that should be even more obvious to those who deal with these type of situations for a living...and a good one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 AM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
It is always a possibility. Still one supposes that if such a possibility is almost obvious to lazy message board attenders, that should be even more obvious to those who deal with these type of situations for a living...and a good one
Absolutely agree.

Which is why they might not be mentioning it as they royally screwed up.

In a country of over 300million there are going to be mistakes made, bad judgment and of course corrupt and just plain evil people in law enforcement.

So, I get less inflamed by what happened than by how it is dealt with and that it at least comes to light publically.

If some goober reads the wrong address and they shoot some guy kicking down his door at 2AM....then there needs to be serious repercussions.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:06 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The only gestapo here are the whiner nazis who fail to see how the incorrect actions of one person can lead to this type of disaster.
I laugh at this insane response.

YOU are saying that the shelter person MADE the Gestapo kill the deer. And as far as "whiner" ... get a life ... if it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, it must be a cow.

El Nox

Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That makes about as much sense as blaming Obama.
I thought the poster was lost.. or confused

Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
When asked why they didn't bother to simply give the shelter a phone call rather than organize a costly huge armed raid on the facility, Department of Natural Resources Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer responded that they wouldn't give prior alert in a "drug bust," so why should they have tipped anyone off to their raid for a deer?

Raiding an animal shelter is a little different conducting a drug bust, as it is somewhat more difficult to flush the evidence down the toilet when the cops come a-knocking. Do they not have inspectors who routinely check in on these shelters? Seems they could have sent one out there to do an unannounced walk-thru. The inspector could have then asked to see the permit for the fawn, and when the shelter couldn't produce one ordered them to send it away. The shelter could have then responded that it was already planned to transfer and shown paperwork to support that.
At this point, I'm wondering if the shelter will be able to keep its "No Kill" label. Obviously, the DNR considers the shelter operators to be armed and dangerous, hence the SWAT style operation!

Wondering if animal shelters will now be on high alert that those homeless pets may be caring drugs on them. Makes me wonder what the hell the authorities are drinking.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Our law enforcement officials are starting to scare me. This is just plain ridiculous. We all need to be sharing this crap on social media as often as possible because you people have really opened my eyes to these things.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:43 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'd say they took it to far.....what harm does this cause and what danger was the baby deer. Why didn't they take the deer and release it, why KILL it? By killing it what did this prove, they're in charge of life?
Yep, that's exactly what they proved..they like doing that...be careful...you could be next.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Like I originally said...putting the use of force aside the animal was destroyed due to health standards. And that was 100% the fault of the society's president.

Back to the force...

Citizens consent by action or inaction in regards to what type of law enforcement procedures they want. The point I'll defend is not announcing their arrival. The timeline, inaction, and post-incident attitude of the shelter makes that clear. They probably would have denied having the animal or let it go (illegally) if the authorities called ahead of time.

The manpower and firepower is something I would seek to change if I lived in this jurisdiction.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
That place didn't have a state rehab permit and the state gets fussy over that. Now if you write to a state and ask any questions about game and game laws you don't get an answers because they are not in the business of giving any answer, but you do get on a black list.

Fish cops are just cops and they often step over lines that would make any sense.

The people running that place should have known better.

We the people are under the thumb by out own vote. We can be arrested for simple possession of song bird and predator feathers you may find on the ground.

The idea is you can't prove you didn't kill it.

As a deer hunter i find this action way out of line, but it was legal.

Fish cops can pull some wicked and wild stunts and have no reserve to not when they get brownie points for it all. The best thing that could have happened to these guys would have been get hand cuffed around a tree in pairs and one given a dull file.

That happened to 2 gamies that tried to bust a guy for making change and he had no idea what he was making change over.

The gamies harassed a real native for hours to sell 1 eagle feather. The native was legal with the feather, and he was legal selling the feather to anyone, bit only another native could buy the feather legally including the fish cops. It was the dumbest sting i ever heard of and unfortunately saw.

The fish cops again over stepped their boundary when they arrested the guy for just making change....

The attempt to arrest failed when these 2 agents of the law were raised up by many 300 to 400 Buck Skinners and their own cuffs were used to lock them facing a big tree. They were there 3 days I saw and then camp closed and they were still busy with the old dull file.

The camp boss of course knew nothing of any of this Buck Skinners don't like Tandy leather much is all i can say. They didn't have tandy orange back then.
F&G rehab is bad too. These people are not well trained in wildlife rehab which i have seen close up and personal. The whole thing is about ego.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
This was pointless and shows the danger in having laws and rules that nobody is applying common sense to. OK, they say it's dangerous because it could spread disease...well too little to late for this situation dontcha think? The deer had been there 2 weeks already and was LEAVING. And why so many law enforcement agents? Why not 1 or 2? Did they expect a shootout with the no-kill employees as they would with drug traffickers? (You have to love that comparison..idiot). The bottom line is nobody was thinking or applying critical thinking skills and THAT is a scary thing. Far too many people lack this ability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies