Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Because that's what movies are about. Ideas. Are you a hater of movies?
Why do you have to use the word hater? and I am not a big movie fan.
I do watch movies form time to time but I am by no means a movie buff. I have better things to do than sit in a dark theatre or in front of the TV for 2 hours.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:47 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
He really goes overboard with it too.

I wonder if he would be living on Elysium or on earth?
Why he and the Hollywood liberals would be in Elysium with most of the U.N. delegates coking it up....

Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
And in case you miss the heavy-handed Liberal messages you're bludgeoned with in Elysium, they'll take another shot with Snowpiercer, coming later this year: "The film is set in a future where a runaway experiment to stop global warming has caused an ice age that killed nearly all life on the planet. The only survivors are the inhabitants of the 'Snowpiercer', a massive train that travels around the planet and is powered by a perpetual-motion engine. Over time a class system evolves on the train, with the elites inhabiting the front of the train and poor inhabiting the back of the train. Tired of their poor living conditions, the riders in the back revolt, attempting to seize control of the engine, which the elites in the front consider sacred."

I thought I saw Elysium about 8 years ago, when it was called Land of the Dead. A movie where the elite lived in a luxury skyscraper while the poor were stuck living in the zombie-infested slums below.

Here's a great article on the hypocrisy of Elysium. Yes its from Breitbart, deal with it: Elysium is a metaphor for Hollywood

Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Why do you have to use the word hater? and I am not a big movie fan.
I do watch movies form time to time but I am by no means a movie buff. I have better things to do than sit in a dark theatre or in front of the TV for 2 hours.
Why wouldn't I use the word hater? You have a problem with that word? Really?
If you have better things to do & aren't a movie fan, why start this thread then? Why waste the time & energy?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Great minds think alike. Science fiction has always been political.

I volunteer as Tribute!
True. Lucas had many messages in star Wars.

I am not a big Sci FI person but I do enjoy the genre from time to time.

Star Wars is by far my favorite.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

― Warren Buffett

Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 AM

552 posts, read 738,241 times
Yea it would suck if like 1% of the population controlled nearly all money and looked down upon the 99% as if they were worthless scum. It would really suck if the 1% didn't really work but gained money through a pyramid scheme type financial system where you make money off money. Glad that's not happening...

Old 08-02-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Why wouldn't I use the word hater? You have a problem with that word? Really?
If you have better things to do & aren't a movie fan, why start this thread then? Why waste the time & energy?
Ok Calm down and take your chill pill.

Not everyone who disagrees with you or dislikes something is a hater.

I am not a Movie buff, I do watch movies here and there. I am more than able to comment on messages Hollywood throws in its movies.

I started a thread because that is what you can do on CD Forum.

now like I said go take your chill pill

Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

― Warren Buffett
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Yea it would suck if like 1% of the population controlled nearly all money and looked down upon the 99% as if they were worthless scum. It would really suck if the 1% didn't really work but gained money through a pyramid scheme type financial system where you make money off money. Glad that's not happening...
But dont worry those people in Hollywood will be fighting for the poor!

Fighting from their verandas overlooking the Pacific!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
And in case you miss the heavy-handed Liberal messages you're bludgeoned with in Elysium, they'll take another shot with Snowpiercer, coming later this year: "The film is set in a future where a runaway experiment to stop global warming has caused an ice age that killed nearly all life on the planet. The only survivors are the inhabitants of the 'Snowpiercer', a massive train that travels around the planet and is powered by a perpetual-motion engine. Over time a class system evolves on the train, with the elites inhabiting the front of the train and poor inhabiting the back of the train. Tired of their poor living conditions, the riders in the back revolt, attempting to seize control of the engine, which the elites in the front consider sacred."

I thought I saw Elysium about 8 years ago, when it was called Land of the Dead. A movie where the elite lived in a luxury skyscraper while the poor were stuck living in the zombie-infested slums below.
See there are these persistent themes of human life and people return time and time again to these themes and reinterpret them in literature, film, poems, paintings, etc. You didn't pay attention in your high school English classes, did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies