Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I can argue that anyone can be charged with a felony by doing the above because poeple are charged with these crimes and that is why I do not support confiscating guns. Justifying it by saying I doubt the DA presses charges is a weak argument. If a law isn't inforced, it should not be on the books and felonies should be for egregious crimes, not for unlocking you cell phone.
You can argue anything you want. But being charged with something -- and you haven't even proved that anyone has been charged under your above examples -- is not the same as being convicted, period. And you base your opposition to gun safety laws on that fallacy.

So you're not really a sincere gun owner, just another nut who comes up with weasely little reasons to keep owning your toys, no matter how man innocent people are killed. Got it.

My mistake. I thought I was having a rational conversation with a gun lover for once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 02:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
So you insist that being charged with something is the same as being convicted, and base your opposition to gun safety laws on that fallacy.

So you're not really a sincere gun owner, just another nut who comes up with weasely little reasons to keep owning your toys, no matter how man innocent people are killed. Got it.

My mistake. I thought I was having a rational conversation with a gun lover for once.
When you actually address the issue, not just brush it off as something that doesn't happen then we can have a conversation.

People are still being arrested for sodomy in some areas. I thought you would take this more seriously.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:25 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Why isn't anyone addressing the true problem here, which is that the state of Illinois, by issuing the FOID cards, is abrogating the federally held right of its citizens to own a firearm? There should be no record at state level concerning the ownership of firearms to begin with, much less the possibility of that FOID being revoked and having your firearms confiscated by state authorities.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:27 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
If you need permission (license) it’s not a right.
If you have the right, you don't need permission.
Double check the law as to its applicability and venue.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This is supported by the 2nd amendment, which reads:
A lot of people have a tendency to believe everything they read, especially when it seems to validate their own beliefs. In this case, the facts do not support what the OP posted.

I do understand when facts don't support, the automatic default to the second amendment.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
When you actually address the issue, not just brush it off as something that doesn't happen then we can have a conversation.

People are still being arrested for sodomy in some areas. I thought you would take this more seriously.
And you're still insisting that being arrested is the same thing as being convicted.

Either you're hopelessly ignorant, or you're just another gun fanatic making stuff up so you can play with your toys while crazy people shoot up theaters and schools. Neither option makes me care about your "conversation" anymore.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Don't forget these orders are given out without a hearing. So someone can make something up to get a TRO and you loose your civil rights without even having a day in court.
A TRO in Illinois is 10 days.

Revocation of the FOID can be appealed within 30 days.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Why, there it is! "A well-regulated militia" right there in my copy. Conveniently ignored by every gun nut in the nation.
Nuff said.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:59 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Why, there it is! "A well-regulated militia" right there in my copy. Conveniently ignored by every gun nut in the nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nuff said.
"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I'd say the FOID is an infringement.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
I want to know more about those six Texas dildos and how they apply to the 2nd amendment or this thread. Is it a felony in Texas to have more than 6 dildos? Or is 6 too much? Does size matter? I know that some states have size limitations on magazines, perhaps in Texas anything over 10 inches could be illegal. Especially if you have 6 of them. Somehow linking felonious dildos to a gun ownership thread seems odd, but then after a bit of thought, maybe not so odd. Especially when you're talking Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies