Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's with the GOP continuing to try and repeal the affordable care act?
They are a bunch of babies throwing a pissy fit because they didn't get their way 18 36.00%
They are just pandering to their voters by wasting time 19 38.00%
It might actually get through if they try just one more time,.. 13 26.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trele6 View Post
Since they are representing their constituents that elected them, they should do anythign they can to support the voice of the people that put them in office.
That is true, the GOP voter base acts bunch of crybabies

Old 08-03-2013, 11:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I do know that a good many law makers voted for it, in spite of not knowing what it contained and only voted party line.
It is an example of another bad law forced on we the people to satisfy partisan politics.
Plus being a product of Romney care means very little. It was a duplicate by any means. For those who want to keep saying it is a product of whatever, they need to remember, what works at the state level will not always work federally. I wonder if supporters of Obama, regardless of what he does, realize sometime a bill can be a mistake, and this happens to be one time. I think the reaction from the Whitehouse indicates that. A lot of people, who supported it are having second thoughts.

As you mentioned, most voted for it, not having a clue what was in the bill. Remember what Nancy P had to say?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:50 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That is true, the GOP voter base acts bunch of crybabies
As opposed to the left? Crying conservatives hate brown skinned people because the GOP is against an amnesty? You are anti-immigrant if you believe in holding illegals accountable for the crimes they have committed?
Hardliners on both sides are crybabies.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As opposed to the left? Crying conservatives hate brown skinned people because the GOP is against an amnesty? You are anti-immigrant if you believe in holding illegals accountable for the crimes they have committed?
Hardliners on both sides are crybabies.
Many, if not most right wingers are racist, though have been the ones in the past whom have passed amnesty which is pretty funny. Anyhow, can you show me where the democrats have tried dozens, let alone 40 times to pass a bill that has absolutely no chance of getting through?

Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
I have never seen such a tantrum thrown in the history of modern day politics (if not ever) like we are seeing from today's GOP. It's beyond me why they keep wasting congress's time and taxpayer dollars on trying to repeal something that has 0 chance of happening.

What is wrong with them?

House GOP Votes To Repeal Obamacare For 40th Time
IMO, they have just been pandering to voters with these symbolic votes, because once Reid ignores them, they drop the issue and stare at their own belly buttons. If they were serious they would be on this repeal 24/7, pushing for it's repeal and making their case before the people.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:43 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,925 times
The reason the House is going for appeals and having speeches relating to this for the public to review either via transcript or C-SPAN, is because the Affordable Care Act is not able to do as it promises and is not economically sustainable.

Though the number of appeals is pretty large, I can see one of the reasons they are doing it this way is to attempt to correct inconsistencies on simple terms so they can get as much support for each piece. However, it is their belief, and mine as well, that the Act makes no sense and already is showing real evidence that there was not enough care taken with drawing it. It was very irresponsible to push it through just to get it through.

It's like choosing to rape a person rather than fall in love and make love with consent.

The Democrats took advantage of majorities in the House and Senate and rammed this through. The only reason anyone would support this move is if they think of that as a win. And though it was a win for the politicians, but it was not the true will of the people. You have been had with marketing tricks, smoke and mirrors and PR magic if you think this Act will not hurt more people than it will help.

I will vote against anyone who 'reaches across the aisle' to the Democrat bullies in office. They simply use insults instead of logic, and that is something to aspire to ONLY if the world that is shown in the movie, "Idiocracy" is the goal.

Quote:
Many, if not most right wingers are racist,
I have never seen proof that one party had more racists than the other, save for when you look back in the history books. Of course, the racists were on the left back in the day.

Since you are on the side that claims that they use science more than the other side, I would expect you can cite the studies and statistics.

However, THIS thread is about the Affordable Care Act and not about racism at all.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:50 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
I think liberals and Democrats make the mistake of thinking that conservatives care about facts and policy outcomes. They don't.

So presenting facts to conservatives is an utter and complete waste. They don't care about people who don't have health insurance. In the eye's of conservatives those people deserve whatever they get.

conservatives want the government to work for those they deem deserving the rich, married white christians, and not for any one else. The government working for other people is buying votes and corruption, and gimme, gimme, gimme, and handouts, and blah, blah, blah.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:52 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
The majority of Americans oppose Obamacare, no wonder Obama had to use shady and non-transparent methods to get it rammed through before anyone could read the bill.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I think liberals and Democrats make the mistake of thinking that conservatives care about facts and policy outcomes. They don't.

So presenting facts to conservatives is an utter and complete waste. They don't care about people who don't have health insurance. In the eye's of conservatives those people deserve whatever they get.

conservatives want the government to work for those they deem deserving the rich, married white christians, and not for any one else. The government working for other people is buying votes and corruption, and gimme, gimme, gimme, and handouts, and blah, blah, blah.
You are the inverse of Limbaugh. Bunch of nonsense. Democrats want everyone to be on welfare so they will be dependent on government so government can grow blah blah...you are the left's version of that kind of logic.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

Very well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies