Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's with the GOP continuing to try and repeal the affordable care act?
They are a bunch of babies throwing a pissy fit because they didn't get their way 18 36.00%
They are just pandering to their voters by wasting time 19 38.00%
It might actually get through if they try just one more time,.. 13 26.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:25 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I think liberals and Democrats make the mistake of thinking that conservatives care about facts and policy outcomes. They don't.

So presenting facts to conservatives is an utter and complete waste. They don't care about people who don't have health insurance. In the eye's of conservatives those people deserve whatever they get.

conservatives want the government to work for those they deem deserving the rich, married white christians, and not for any one else. The government working for other people is buying votes and corruption, and gimme, gimme, gimme, and handouts, and blah, blah, blah.
I'm interested in facts and policy outcomes.

Let's start with your post. Prove that conservatives don't care, or care less than a Democrat about the plight of the poor. Do you have some statistics, research or studies on this subjective assertion?

I believe you are unable to prove it either way because the differences in political ideology has nothing to do with "caring" or "care level". I believe you WOULD find proof if it was sought as evidence that MOST people in the US want a better life for everyone.

It is a curiosity that you would accuse the Conservatives for favoring the rich whites when there are more rich whites in the ranks of the Democrat Party than there are in the Republicans, and this has been the case for quite some time. Still, I wouldn't stretch that fact into a direct correlation, but it does make your assertion less plausible. I will say that Democrat Politicians talked the big talk on health care and came up with a lot of insults for those who opposed it for its lack of efficacy, but policy outcomes of this particular piece of legislation has been a whole lot different than the promises made.

I would like to add a piece of total opinion, Democrats make the most clever and insulting political bumper stickers. If you could call insulting people without merit, then I guess they win a prize for that.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives want the government to work for those they deem deserving the rich, married white christians, and not for any one else. The government working for other people is buying votes and corruption, and gimme, gimme, gimme, and handouts, and blah, blah, blah.
Perfectly stated.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Very well said
It figures that you'd think so. IBTFL

Old 08-03-2013, 04:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
I guess it's better than actually doing something worthwhile.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
And they should keep trying until they are successful.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
It actually started as a Heritage Foundation response to Hillary Clinton's hearings on healthcare reform. If you google Bob Dole's election webpage, you'll see his proposal is almost identical to what eventually became law.
There is a reason Bob Dole never became President.. WE DIDNT LIKE THE PROPOSAL THEN, so why would we now?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are the inverse of Limbaugh. Bunch of nonsense. Democrats want everyone to be on welfare so they will be dependent on government so government can grow blah blah...you are the left's version of that kind of logic.

The inverse of Limbaugh? LOL

Again, anyone can read the ideas of conservatives. Anyone can see the huge massive government programs they support that overwhelming help the rich and elderly white people.

If you are interested in say equal pay in the workplace for women, what is the conservative iniative to deal with that issue?

If you are interested in wage inequality and low wage workers, tell me what is the conservative iniative to deal with that issue?

If you care about climate change,

If you care about racial discrimination in employment, housing, the criminal justice system, please tell what is the conservative iniative to address those issues.

If you care about homosexual marriage,

If you care about the issues facing urban America and big cities,

If you care about access to healthcare, or access to childcare,

I could go on, conservatives don't care about any of those issues.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:27 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
I'm interested in facts and policy outcomes.

Let's start with your post. Prove that conservatives don't care, or care less than a Democrat about the plight of the poor. Do you have some statistics, research or studies on this subjective assertion?

I believe you are unable to prove it either way because the differences in political ideology has nothing to do with "caring" or "care level". I believe you WOULD find proof if it was sought as evidence that MOST people in the US want a better life for everyone.

It is a curiosity that you would accuse the Conservatives for favoring the rich whites when there are more rich whites in the ranks of the Democrat Party than there are in the Republicans, and this has been the case for quite some time. Still, I wouldn't stretch that fact into a direct correlation, but it does make your assertion less plausible. I will say that Democrat Politicians talked the big talk on health care and came up with a lot of insults for those who opposed it for its lack of efficacy, but policy outcomes of this particular piece of legislation has been a whole lot different than the promises made.

I would like to add a piece of total opinion, Democrats make the most clever and insulting political bumper stickers. If you could call insulting people without merit, then I guess they win a prize for that.

I did not write they don't care about the plight of the poor, which they don't. I wrote they don't care about people who don't have health insurance.

The answer is very, very simple, what is the big conservative policy iniative to address this problem? Legislation proves where the interests of each party reside.

The Democratic party expended plenty of political capital on the stimulus to save the economy, they expended plenty on the ACA healthcare bill which will give health insurance to millions with subsidies, and they expended plenty on the banking regulation bill which created the consumer protection agency to help prevent bad actors from ripping off Americans.

What do conservatives do repeal the ACA bill, ban abortion, tax cuts for rich people, cutting any and ever program that they deem to help poor people like food stamps, and Medicaid.

You are just flat out wrong, the majority of high income white Americans usually vote for Republicans.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:07 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And they should keep trying until they are successful.
You approve of the GOP wasting 10's of millions of taxpayer dollars and countless hours of congress's time over a temper tantrum? I thought the GOP was suppose to be about less spending and fiscal responsibility?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:14 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I thought the GOP was suppose to be about less spending and fiscal responsibility?
Add in the "party of small government" and you have the perfect trifecta of Conservative BS 101. They are none of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies