Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_recess View Post
the term is now "climate change" not "global warming"

if you use "global warming" you're racist.
lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 08:57 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The OP's link is to an article by the group CFACT. Guess who CFACT have received a large amount of money from?

Exxon Mobile.
once again....

Please explain how exxon money controls the temperature in the Arctic?

Either it is very cool for the summer, or it is not. Got any evidence that suggests the Arctic is warm right now?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
What do Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) have to do with this?

But seriously, if anyone uses the local weather in one season to either support or deny AGW then they are idiots.

Then the entire Warmist crowd... including people like the gov. of New York are idiots.
Michael Mann by your definition is an idiot.
Al Gore is an idiot
James Hansen is an idiot
Keith Trenberth is an idiot
Bill Nye the "science" guy is an idiot.

I could go on and on...

Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
once again....

Either it is very cool for the summer, or it is not. Got any evidence that suggests the Arctic is warm right now?
Do you not understand the meaning of the words 'climate'? Or 'trend'? Or 'global'?

Last edited by Ceist; 08-06-2013 at 09:31 AM..

Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Then the entire Warmist crowd... including people like the gov. of New York are idiots.
Michael Mann by your definition is an idiot.
Al Gore is an idiot
James Hansen is an idiot
Keith Trenberth is an idiot
Bill Nye the "science" guy is an idiot.

I could go on and on...
And people who waste their breathe making straw man statements to tear down are idiots.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
And people who waste their breathe making straw man statements to tear down are idiots.
who made a strawman argument?

The governor of New York said that Hurricane Sandi was proof of CAGW.
Every person I named made exactly the same arguement about some (or several) weather event.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Do you not understand what the meaning of the word 'climate' is? Or 'trend'?
LOL... so thats where you go? gotta bash folks and pretend they dont know stuff? Does that make you feel better? smarter?

In fact, I do know what "Climate" "trend" "weather" all mean.

I even know how things like La Nina and El Nino mean. I understand PDO and AMO mean too.

how 'bout you?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Read what I wrote again. Emphasis on 'local' and 'one season'.
Yes, local as in... the blocking high in Russia being claimed as global warming. As in one storm in a specific locale being claimed as evidence. As in focusing on the US during 2012 and claiming it was evidence of global warming while other regions of the world were experiencing record lows. Yes.. Local... One season.... as I said.

Quote:
And btw, you are spinning what Hansen said about 1998. He said that globally 1998 was the warmest year recorded since 1880 when instruments started being used to record data. That's not the same as saying 'oh look it's cold this month in Texas', therefore AGW is a crock. Or saying "oh look it's warm this month in Toronto, therefore AGW is the truth"
He obtained that claim by selecting specific records to fit his bias. He was even shown to be incorrect in his claim and had to retract the research (see McIntyre on Hansen).

Every year we have a warm summer, or a severe storm in a specific area, they claim it supports global warming. They do this by focusing on "regional" areas and dismissing those that do not fit in with position.

We can get into all the problems with the research if you like? This is kind of old news for Hansen, and he has been shown to be an alarmist many times since that first retraction he made.

That said, I am not saying that people are justified in picking a season or a region that has record cold as being evidence of anything. What I am saying is that one can not claim these as "weather" and then turn around and use "weather" as support when it does fit their narrative. My point is the hypocrisy of the whole issue and while I don't agree with using "weather" as evidence, I don't think it is honest to attack those that do when one does the same themselves.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I am very glad the globe is as warm as it is compared to what it was this long after the peak temperatures in the last four ice ages. I could care less what happens so long as the cold stays away for a very long time.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
once again....

I think it amusing the go on about big oil after all of the evidence of them being funded by it. Heck, GreenPeace even takes money from Exxon.

What was really hilarious is them posting the research from that 97% paper and then going on rants about consensus and how anyone who disagrees is working for big oil when one of the main authors of the paper is directly employed by an oil exploration company.

It is like these people are brainless sheep who can't be bothered to even read up on their own sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies