Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
A two year old is not a sexual being. None of them are gay.
Thank you.

Tell that to the people who believe the nonsense that homosexuality is not a choice.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Default Katie Vyktoriah- Known Blogger Drama Queen.

Knew it from the beginning.

All you have been Huffpooed.

GOMI * Get Off My Internets “A Mother Thing” Doesn’t Plan To Do A Thing | Get Off My Internets

Quote:
Katie, a blogger with kids who apparently suffers from Munchausen-by-drama, has had a crazy life. Sounding like the first 30 minutes of any “Final Destination” film combined with a Lifetime movie, she claims her existence has been peppered with near death experiences – by trainwreck, plane crash, almost being in NYC during 9/11 – and also claims to be a victim of a kidnapping
AKA:Kathleen Rebekkah Carpenter

102 Things You Never Needed to Know About Me - A Mother Thing

Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Don't broach the subject of people "patting themselves on the back" and feeling more "enlightened" and then demand I change the subject back when it becomes uncomfortable for you.

In answer to your question, I'm more than happy to discuss the rampant bigotry present in rural areas of this country. I discuss it often, mostly because I'm one of the very few here who has spent his life in these areas. About the only folks who complain that the type of stereotype you're complaining about here are the ones who have never lived there. Would you like me to tell you about how gays, or anyone suspected of being gay, is treated in most rural areas of this country? Would you like me to tell you about children I have known who fall prey to precisely the type of goober described in this article?
Tell us about those rural bullies.

Suicide of Jamey Rodemeyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Murder of Larry King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tyler Clementi, student outed as gay on internet, jumps to his death | World news | The Guardian

Parents: Bullying drove Cy-Fair 8th-grader to suicide - Houston Chronicle

Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Thank you.

Tell that to the people who believe the nonsense that homosexuality is not a choice.
You've vastly misunderstood what I was saying, because homosexuality is NOT a choice. A two year old boy wearing a pink tutu or a pink hairband is no more going to make him gay than it made me gay to play with trucks with my brothers when I was a little girl, or to wear their handmedowns when we were playing out on the farm. I used to scream bloody murder when my mother tried to put me into a dress or put a bow in my hair, so she gave up. As I grew older and moved into adolescence, I became more interested in "girl" things. I"ve been married for nearly 30 years, and I'm a mother of 5--I am absolutely not gay. Some of you people are absolutely ridiculous.

My point was that my boys all went through phases when they were really young of liking pink, or liking shiny sparkly costumes, or playing with girl toys with cousins, and none of my sons are gay either. It's not a socialization thing.

Last edited by mb1547; 08-05-2013 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Knew it from the beginning.

All you have been Huffpooed.
You'll note that a large portion here noted that it was a fake story.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
You've vastly misunderstood what I was saying, because homosexuality is NOT a choice.
Sure it is.

You yourself said that there are no gay 2 year olds.

If they aren't gay then, it is rather clear that they weren't born gay.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Sure it is.

There aren't "straight" two year olds either in this context but I think you knew what they were saying.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Sure it is.

My point was that young children are not sexual beings in any way. That emerges with age and hormones. Did you choose to be straight? Did you actively make a choice? I didn't--there was never any question that I was straight, and it certainly wasn't because of the way I was raised--I was a major tomboy. Gay people don't choose either--they just develop that way naturally, as part of their biology. To even suggest that people choose their sexual orientation is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
My point was that young children are not sexual beings in any way. That emerges with age and hormones. Did you choose to be straight? Did you actively make a choice? I didn't--there was never any question that I was straight, and it certainly wasn't because of the way I was raised--I was a major tomboy. Gay people don't choose either--they just develop that way naturally, as part of their biology. To even suggest that people choose their sexual orientation is absolutely ridiculous.
There is no such thing as "sexual orientation".

We are discussing sexual preference.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as "sexual orientation".

We are discussing sexual preference.
And there's no such thing as a round earth either--it's flat and you can sail off the edge if you're not careful. Seriously? If I would have had a "choice" in late childhood to pick my gender, I would have picked being a boy hands down, but it doesn't work that way, and it sure didn't mean I was gay. Once adolescence and jr. high hit, and hormones started kicking in, I was just as girly as everyone else. Some people are pretty sure they're gay from a very early age. I identified more with my brothers, and grew up doing "boy" things, but it never even occurred to me to be attracted to other girls as a romantic interest. You don't CHOOSE to be what you're born to be--it's biological.

Last edited by mb1547; 08-05-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies