Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 05:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
And it's wrong for boys to play with dolls and Easy Bake ovens because........?
I guess in your world men don't do a lick of child care or cook?
That's what I'm saying!

I can cook, but I'd also run just about every one of these posters over if we stepped on the field.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
They're really digging in that manure pile for story ideas at HuffPo.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
How much do you guys want to bet that the big slimy oaf who assaulted that little kid is a bible carrying, peace loving, christian conservative?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
What's wrong with letting children wear what ever color they want, or play with whichever toys they like?
My nephew wore a superman cape EVERYWHERE for 6 months. He ate in it, slept in it, wore it to church, daycare, out shopping. Everywhere. My niece wore a batman costume for months. Both turned out to be wonderful adults. My nephew is a youth pastor with 2 beautiful children, and my niece is in college, and is a great violinist.

What is wrong is ANYONE taking it upon themselves to "teach a lesson" to a child that is not theirs. You put your hands on my child, you will be on the ground so fast your head will spin.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I found this part from the article interesting:

But of course this woman is perfectly fine with disparaging the guy for being a homophobe. She's righteously indignant that this man would judge her child because he was not adhering to his idea of what a little boy should be. But she's fine with judging the man for not adhering to her idea of what the proper attitude towards homosexuality should be.

Typical liberal.
Of course! She should have thanked the man for snatching the headband off her 2 year old son's head, smacking him on the head, calling him a little 'fa-ggot', and saying he will be shot.

That's just normal acceptable behavior for you is it?

Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
I call BS on this story. I could be wrong but me thinks like you all got Tawana Brawleyed.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:06 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
"A 2-year-old HAS no sexuality"

If Jaymax was in the same line in Walmart....that Mother would have had quite the fight on her hands. A bigot from both ends of the spectrum LOL

Old 08-05-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I don't think that's what he's saying.

I think he's saying that running a social experiment with your sons life is silly: He doesn't know any better. Using him to make a political statement indicates you care more about social issues than your own son.

That said, I don't think being a man means hitting other people's children and verbally belittling 2 year old strangers.

I'm fairly certain bullying those weaker than you is specifically against the man manifesto.
How is letting a 2 year old wear a pink headband a 'social experiment' and a 'political statement'?

Old 08-05-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
"A 2-year-old HAS no sexuality"

If Jaymax was in the same line in Walmart....she would have had quite the fight on her hands. A bigot from both ends of the spectrum LOL
Once again, you show you have no clue what you are talking about. - Do you really know so little about human developmental stages?

If I had been in the same line, I would have stayed by the mother's side and got someone to get store security. I would have been happy to give a witness statement and would have encouraged her to report the incident to the police.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How is letting a 2 year old wear a pink headband a 'social experiment' and a 'political statement'?
Seriously.

The article didn't mention if the little boy has older sisters or female cousins. My younger brother and I were 18 months apart so we shared a lot of the same toys , clothes, and friends - generally my toys, my clothes, and my friends. He played with dolls, had tea parties, wore pink and purple, dressed up in my old Halloween costumes, etc. Likewise - when it became "uncool" to play with my brother, I became a total tomboy playing in the mud and fishing for tadpoles with the pack of neighborhood boys. While I was doing that, my brother was stealing my Backstreet Boys CDs and occasionally playing with my costume makeup.

Flash forward 15 years and my brother is one of the few of the college class of 2012 to already be very successful - he and his fiance just bought their first home. He's 23 and she's 22 - do you know how rare that is today? And yes, he's straight. As am I - and I live in dresses and like to wear makeup despite what you might have thought looking at me when I was 6-12 years old.

Keep in mind that it's only a recent phenomenon to dress young boys and girls differently. Boys wore skirts and dresses until they were school aged up until the turn of the century. When my grandfather was born in 1932, all of his clothes were pink because pink was the color for baby boys. It wasn't until after WWII that the whole "blue is for boys, pink is for girls" meme came about. There is nothing intrinsically feminine or masculine about a color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies