Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Same old stuff, no specifics, no info for the public nothing. I guess they didn't learn their lesson in Boston. After the lockdown they finally caught the guy when the public was allowed to go out and look around. Odd how this is all happenening when not to long ago the great leader was braying how AQ was pretty much done. Must have been another lie. Dear leader managed to fit golf into his weekend. I guess golf courses weren't mentioned in the "chatter".

"SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Department of Homeland Security is beefing up its presence at airports, train stations and other travel hubs in the United States in the wake of global travel warning imposed on all U.S. citizens. Local authorities are not going into specifics but the San Francisco Police Department does acknowledge receiving a bulletin by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and DHS. The SFPD says their officers are monitoring various areas of the city and will determine if additional resources are necessary.
They say they have the ability to rapidly deploy and redeploy resources as the department deems. No specific location has been mentioned, but authorities are keeping a close eye on airports, train stations and other transportation hubs. There is also increased scrutiny of visitors coming into the United States.
These latest measures have been implemented out of an abundance of caution."

San Francisco on high-alert after government agencies report of terror threat | abc7news.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Either we'll show that we're good little frightened sheep and nothing will happen while the government continues to harass us and tap the phone,

or

We'll ignore the fear mongering and they'll let a few "terrorists" slip between the cracks so they can say "we told you so."

It's the same **** every 3-6 months.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Will probably get more widespread coverage as the day goes on...it's more than SF.

You guys really should start reading foreign news and those opinions of the "delusionals"
I read Rubini before Rubini became "cool" and I didn't lose my 401K value in 2008.

Last edited by HappyTexan; 08-05-2013 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-05-2013, 11:10 AM

I think your correct. They are in the process of validating why they have to tap every communication. We will hear a lot about "chatter" and the like coming maybe even some arrests based on the "chatter" to really get folks to sign over more of their rights.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think your correct. They are in the process of validating why they have to tap every communication. We will hear a lot about "chatter" and the like coming maybe even some arrests based on the "chatter" to really get folks to sign over more of their rights.
"Officials say the suspects said things like 'Doorbell' and 'Piers Morgan' as terror codes and they even left behind a MANIFESTO"

Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM

That would send even the saltiest of Marines scurrying............

Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Notice how the terrorists are targeting liberal places like Boston and SF?

Wouldn't want to hit an area where people are armed and ready to defend themselves, now would they?

That might put a little crimp in their style.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Notice how the terrorists are targeting liberal places like Boston and SF?

Wouldn't want to hit an area where people are armed and ready to defend themselves, now would they?

That might put a little crimp in their style.
That's their base voter pool.
This just reinforces the justification for the "moderate infringement" of your rights.

Keep your voters believing in you.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM

537 posts, read 740,217 times
{yawn} As for me . . . I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 AM

If nothing happens will they claim "victory" or say "oops, my bad" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies