Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Wonder what the lesbian cop did when she got home that night!
I hope she washed her hands!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Not to forget that whole Anthony Weiner thing in New York. Yep....there is a Democrat that just respects the heck out of women....Stand up guy there running for mayor of NYC. Who is the other one running for Mayor? Elliot Spitzer, another fine guy that really looks out for women. Well, he looks out the car window and attempts to determine hourly rates at least. How many accusers have now come out against San Diego mayor Fillner now? Last time I looked it was over 10. Please liberals, continue to preach on about how much respect the left has for women. Who is your proposed Presidential candidate for 2016? Hillary? Her husband surely wasn't a misogynist or anything right? Heck, even Pelosi and NOW threw her under the bus in 2008 when the DNC made clear they wanted to go with Obama. Loads of respect for women left of the aisle...
That is not a bad point.

Democrats claim they represent women's best interests against the GOP war on women.

Who was the DNC keynote speaker picked by Obama?

Obama picked a man that has had literally several dozen women come out over the course of 40+ years accusing him of everything from sexual harassment to multiple rapes...starting in the year 1969 when Eileen Wellstone said she was raped by...Clinton.

They bash Romney for telling a lady that he didn't like store bought cookies and "binder's of women"'s resumes to hire them...oh think of women's feelings and how Romney hurt people's feelings with those comments! What about the several women victims of Clinton? What about their feelings?

Democrats don't care what the several women victims of Clinton think or feel about Clinton constantly being put on a pedestal for things including women's rights. Claire McCaskill (D) can say she doesn't want her daughter anywhere near this predator of women, but she can at the same time cheer on Clinton at the DNC and blast a GOP war on woman.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
For decades, conservatives fought for giving the police greater latitude in searches, at the expense of our civil liberties. You folks told us when we objected that we were siding with the criminals. Now that the puppeteers have convinced you that the cops are coming for your precious boom-boom bang-bangs, you're suddenly sticklers on civil liberties.
Quite funny considering almost ALL of the heavy police states are Progressive strongholds.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:50 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If we are going to talk about politicians thinking with their d**k - that's one thing. The Republicans got MORE than their fair share of those so don't even go there.

Trying to LEGISLATE a woman's body - that's an entirely different thing, don't you think?????

No, it is all part of the larger picture. You didn't address the non-philandering part of my post.... What about Pelosi, NOW, and the rest of the DNC throwing Hillary under the bus in 08? She was right up there in the primaries, neck and neck with Obama. Then the DNC apparatus made the call, and she was persona non grata. Pelosi and NOW were awfully quick to throw their support behind Obama...great track record for equality there. It is all part of the larger picture of the Democratic party's track record on how they treat women. It is one thing to talk a good game, but when your actions run 180 degrees counter to your narrative, you have some problems.

Also, what is with the overblown hype of "legislating a woman's body?" Who is doing that? Where? Texas passed a bill to allow abortion procedures to be performed by doctors with admitting privileges at hospitals. This doesn't restrict access or limit who can have an abortion performed, it ensures that only doctors qualified to perform the procedure, and recognized to do so by larger medical organizations are actually doing so. This will prevent future incidents like those related to Kermit Gosnell.... I just don't get the whole talking point of "keep government out of my body, unless they are paying for my contraception."

Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,619,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Also, what is with the overblown hype of "legislating a woman's body?" Who is doing that? Where? Texas passed a bill to allow abortion procedures to be performed by doctors with admitting privileges at hospitals. This doesn't restrict access or limit who can have an abortion performed, it ensures that only doctors qualified to perform the procedure, and recognized to do so by larger medical organizations are actually doing so. This will prevent future incidents like those related to Kermit Gosnell.... I just don't get the whole talking point of "keep government out of my body, unless they are paying for my contraception."
Only in the twisted mind of a far-left nutjob is legislation making abortion safer considered a "war on women."

Old 08-06-2013, 08:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
"Safer" as well as a whole lot more expensive. Abortion is another privilege that must be protected lest poor women have the same access as their wealthier sisters. The Republicans have a war, not just on women, but on everyone not like them. They are a pack of misogynistic, racially bigoted, lower class exploiting SOB's.

From the above you can see I am an Evil Progressive Liberal Democrat. Nonetheless I despise and distrust the Clintons. Bill is a corrupt sexually aggressive heartless bastard and Hillary will do anything her owners tell her to. They are almost Republicans.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
"Safer" as well as a whole lot more expensive. Abortion is another privilege that must be protected lest poor women have the same access as their wealthier sisters. The Republicans have a war, not just on women, but on everyone not like them. They are a pack of misogynistic, racially bigoted, lower class exploiting SOB's.

From the above you can see I am an Evil Progressive Liberal Democrat. Nonetheless I despise and distrust the Clintons. Bill is a corrupt sexually aggressive heartless bastard and Hillary will do anything her owners tell her to. They are almost Republicans.

So, all Republicans are "misogynistic, racially bigoted, lower class exploiting SOBs?"

My, that is not a broad brush you've got there, but a high pressure paint sprayer. I do not think that either party has a complete and total monopoly on morally bankrupt bottom feeders. Sadly, those types tend to gravitate towards politics like so many moths to a porch light. It provides access to their many vices, power, money, influence, etc. I don't claim all Republicans are case studies in morals and/or ethics, nor do I make any across the board assumptions about Democrats. Judge each by their character.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Has Texas become a police state? If anyone doubts there is a War On Women in Texas, this is proof positive. It is evident from the videos that the police officers think this is standard procedure as they acknowledge they are on video. They do not believe they are doing anything wrong.

Read more: Caught On Camera: Police In Texas Violated Young Girls During Routine Traffic Stop
You got to be sh---g me. Welcome to the USA 1984 er' make that 2013.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You'll have to play the halfway game with someone else. Might I suggest MathGuy?

As nice and tidy as that would be, you will still find about the only consistent objectors to this stuff are among what qualifies as the "hard left" in Congress or outside it - Bernie Sanders, Alan Grayson, Ron Wyden, ACLU, et cetera.
You rang?

Shockingly, despite the usual whining because someone isn't mindlessly partisan in your direction (scabby lips? Seriously?) .... you actually have a bit of a leg up in this partisan argument.

For example, democrats have at least put up a token resistance to things like the patriot act.

Senate Vote Roll Call on U.S. Patriot Act 2001 & 2006

That's the good news.

The bad news is that this shows how similar they are to the republicans when you have to single out a couple exceptions.

Oh noes! Pointing out the vast similarities between R's and D's! Am I going to make your naughty list again and have you keep bringing me up in unrelated threads?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
This is a thread about police\govt abuses, reporting on such abuses and punishing offenders.

If you want to talk about abortion and how the other party is a bunch of doo-doo heads and it's all their fault, kindly shove off. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies