Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

I just think it is the wrong way to go. Have you seen any of those documentaries where they show how tap water can be ignited? Where ground water is no longer usable?

The way go to is to save energy on a large scale, to recycle plastics, to use green energy, etc.
As long as people don't realize that their wasteful way of life is the biggest problem, we will not solve the energy problem in a sustainable way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
I'm not a lawyer, so could one explain to me how this is legal. You cannot enter into a legal agreements with minors, right?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I just think it is the wrong way to go. Have you seen any of those documentaries where they show how tap water can be ignited? Where ground water is no longer usable?

The way go to is to save energy on a large scale, to recycle plastics, to use green energy, etc.
As long as people don't realize that their wasteful way of life is the biggest problem, we will not solve the energy problem in a sustainable way.
how do you recycle plastics without energy to break them down and a massive plant to manufacture them into new products and how do you make green energy without low cost per KW/H fossil fuels?

I am not saying recycling old plastic products into new ones is bad at all in fact it is good but green energy production needs fossil fuels to produce them and manufacture them at a large enough scale to bring the cost down on them.

Also making power generation have an increased efficiency and transmission and also having people build their homes reduce the cost to heat and cool by better insulation, triple pane windows and have solar cells to heat water and produce electricity but if you live in a pace where you have snow and harsh winters and LNG and electricity heats your home and a the solar panels are covered under a foot of snow and useless and you are running your deep cycle batteries down then what do you do?

I have a Back up standby Generator running of LNG a portable Tri-fuel Generator and a old cast Iron Woodstove and a massive pile of firewood to heat the home and cook

Last edited by GTOlover; 08-06-2013 at 05:36 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 05:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I'm not a lawyer, so could one explain to me how this is legal. You cannot enter into a legal agreements with minors, right?
You can with the parents held responsible for their behavior.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:29 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Who cares if the kids can never talk about fracking? The family still has its $750,000 and can move away to somewhere that is environmentally healthier for their kids.

If it was my choice to never talk about fracking in public or get $750,000 --I know what I would do.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
But I find it interesting that that company paid the Hallowich family so much money in the first place, as if they had something to hide
...and if they did nothing you'd complain about the evil gas company not doing anything. These companies have been quite responsive to concerns over their activities. In this case the article notes they were surrounded by 3 wells, a holding pond and compressor station. Helath concerns or no health concerns that is going to have a substantial impact on their lives and property value.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I just think it is the wrong way to go. Have you seen any of those documentaries where they show how tap water can be ignited?
..and in all these places there is historical documentation of the same thing occurring long before fracking occured. There is place in NY state called Burning Springs which as I understand it was taken from and Indian name. Why do you think it's called that?

Now it's certainly possible that drilling has increased this natural phenomenon but the extent it may do that is still unknown

Here's the director of Gasland admitting to knowing about historical documentation going back to the 1930's yet he didn't include it in his film.

Gasland director hides full facts - YouTube

People talk about the fossil fuel companies being deceptive but that's amateur hour when compared to environmentalists.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:23 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
I just think it is the wrong way to go.
Have you seen any of those documentaries where they show how tap water can be ignited?
Where ground water is no longer usable?

why do people insist on parroting babble they hear on bill maher stand-up comedy show ?

that water has been igniting for hundreds of years, it has nothing to do with fracking.
Every heard of "Mother Nature" ???

the ignorance liberals show on so many matters is rather astounding...

Old 08-06-2013, 08:26 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
And the research shows it is as well.

It's like saying because someone dies in a car wreck, all cars are dangerous and we shouldn't get in them anymore.
No kidding, if the Democrats really cared about the people, they'd ban all cars, and make laws forcing the people to remove all the sharp objects from their homes too.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No kidding, if the Democrats really cared about the people, they'd ban all cars, and make laws forcing the people to remove all the sharp objects from their homes too.
Steps are the killers. We need to ban steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies