Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am happy that Obama has been able to keep the civilian death count so low during this war on against al-Qaeda. Obama has certainly also kept collateral damage to almost nil!

The CRS report for Congress estimates that over a million civilians died during the Bush wars!
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/R40824.pdf
Of course because they are not reporting the civilian death count.
Every drone strike ONLY gets terrorists according to our MSM reports.

The drone attacks in the ME are done by men sitting in New Mexico pressing buttons.
But you won't care because a D is in charge.

'Did We Just Kill A Kid?'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So, 852 terrorists were killed? if true, that's not too bad considering no American pilots or expensive aircraft were lost and no American troops were killed or injured.

In times of war, isn't that what military officials and politicians call collateral damage?
Would this be the war that the US has declared on the Middle East? Do you consider the thousands of Americans that died "collateral damage"?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess they consider innocent victims of US drones just collateral damage.
How many civilians have died from drone attacks under Obama?

How many civilians have died during the Iraq war under Bush?

What is the difference of those numbers?

Are you all proposing we start another war with boots on the ground in Yemen and anywhere else Al Qaeda is? Is that a better method for preserving life? Exactly what are you suggesting we do?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
I guess they consider innocent victims of US drones just collateral damage.
They're different than innocent victims of manned bombers HOW?

Is it only acceptable 'collateral damage' when American lives are placed at risk?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

They don't know. They have to wait for an answer from Fox News or some right-winger talking head.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well when we had the manned bombings under Bush there were protests and numbers shown in the press.

Now that it's drones with no chance of US death then it seems to be OK.

As long as there are no US deaths then it's ok to bomb the hell out of a country ?

I'm against these virtual wars that can never end.
I'm for defense but not "proactive defense".

At least I'm consistent. I was against war under Bush and still under Obama.
The fact that we've removed US boots on the ground doesn't change a thing for me.
We're still over there killing innocent people and can't tell the terrorists from the civilians.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
How many new wars has Obama committed our youth to? What is the death toll of those who served during Bush compared to during Obama? What is the count of our wounded from "boots on the ground during the Bush years compared to the Obama years?

I have two sons in college and I am thankful Obama can fight this war on terror without a huge cost to the US both with lives and finances.
If there was a mandatory draft there would be a good possibility that your sons wouldn't be in college. It would just mean Obama had more military at his disposal to be disposed of.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Of course because they are not reporting the civilian death count.
Every drone strike ONLY gets terrorists according to our MSM reports.

The drone attacks in the ME are done by men sitting in New Mexico pressing buttons.
But you won't care because a D is in charge.

'Did We Just Kill A Kid?'
What would have been your plan to stop this terrorist plot that was thwarted by drones?

Quote:
SANAA, Yemen — Yemen's government said Wednesday that it thwarted an al-Qaeda plot to to take over strategic ports and attack oil pipelines in the latest threat to foreign interests by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

More suspected U.S. drone strikes struck terrorist targets Wednesday in the country's south. The strikes killed seven suspected al-Qaeda terrorists, according to the Yemen government.
Yemen says it foiled major al-Qaeda plot

Old 08-07-2013, 10:28 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,722,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Well, at least now we know why they are pissed...

"No travel warnings were issued for Yemen citizens ahead of a US drone attack on Tuesday.
According to ABC News, Yemeni officials said a suspected US drone "fired a missile at a car carrying four men in the al-Arqeen district of Marib province, setting it on fire and killing all of them. They believed that one of the dead is Saleh Jouti, a senior al-Qaida member."

The US bombing—the latest in a string against the poverty-stricken and politically fractured nation—comes amid a global travel warning for US citizens issued by the State Department late last week and the closure of more than twenty embassies and consulates across the Middle East and North Africa.

According to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism statistics, US drone bombings in Yemen have killed as many as 1,052 people over the last decade, with close to 200 classified as "civilians" including more than two dozen children.
Nothing worse then what our Grandparents did with out any feeling whatsoever.....

Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
They don't know. They have to wait for an answer from Fox News or some right-winger talking head.
I spend more time reading foreign news sites that give me news rather than US sites that are full of political bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies