U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 AM

10,569 posts, read 11,512,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post

Great you reinforce my statement regarding frivolous leaders who are simply a novelty bordering on celebrity....Reagan was an actor- in the beginning and right to the end. It was Nancy who was the pragmatic brain behind that act...Then there is Bush- also a frivolous personality...as we all know who did not have muh depth - Standing on an aircraft carrier in an ill fitting flight suit - and proclaiming "mission accomplished" was the peak of frivolous celebrity. As for Reagan being some sort of genius...I never saw that- It was all about Hollywood drama with that guy .....The bringing down of the Berlin Wall was all show...."bring down this wall" - The wall was going to come down regardless - if Reagan had never been born.

My point is the office of President is supposed to be a position of dignity - a president is not supposed to be on the same level as Brad Pitt...American celebs make their living at PRETENDING - a president is not supposed to be a pretender...He is supposed to be a serious person who is a realist not- some chump entertainer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,340,646 times
Quote:
I suppose he should cover his head in ashes, wear sackcloth, and flog himself in public instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Is the President supposed to wear sack cloth and sit in ashes...
Cue up the manufactured talking points!!!

Can't script it any better than that!!

Did you guys wear the same shirt today too?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 AM

19,776 posts, read 12,463,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

My point is the office of President is supposed to be a position of dignity - a president is not supposed to be on the same level as Brad Pitt...American celebs make their living at PRETENDING - a president is not supposed to be a pretender...He is supposed to be a serious person who is a realist not- some chump entertainer.

SOCK IT TO ME??? - YouTube

Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM

8,738 posts, read 6,148,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Someone must be the first to start a precedent. John F. Kennedy was the first to televise White House press conferences; Truman was the first to fly in an aircraft.
If "A Comedian In the White House" is a precedent, then Obama has set it.

I don't recall JFK's WH press conferences being referred to as "Comedy Hour".

Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM

2,633 posts, read 3,223,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If "A Comedian In the White House" is a precedent, then Obama has set it.

I don't recall JFK's WH press conferences being referred to as "Comedy Hour".
Who was that guy who starred in "Bedtime for Bonzo?"

Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,723,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Barry is a buffoon. Without the teleprompter....

Obama, a complete idiot. - YouTube

this man is a real dope
and the hits just keep on coming~~

Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM

5,563 posts, read 3,853,042 times
Obama Hater Autoresponse:

1. All those other presidents did it on Mondays, so it doesn't count!
2. All those other presidents wore gray, so it doesn't count!
3. All those other presidents entered from stage left, so it doesn't count!
4. All those other presidents .... uh, anyway, it doesn't count!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,280,827 times
Quote:
I suppose he should cover his head in ashes, wear sackcloth, and flog himself in public instead.
Good idea.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 AM

10,569 posts, read 11,512,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I can't belief there is a thread about this.

Don't wanna see Obama on TV? Watch another channel!

... or ... do something constructive.
Don't watch Obama? That is your answer? Watch another channel? This is not about watching or not watching - this is about doing something constructive. You tell us to do something "constructive" instead of viewing Obama attempting to be charming and acting like a celebrity? Maybe it is slightly distressing that Obama is not doing something CONSTRUCTIVE?

Appearing on a talk show has only one self serving purpose- to gain more popularity...through pop culture....Do Americans want a wanna be pop start or a leader? Everyone of us can already envision the scene of Obama reading from a teleprompter...being glib ...flashing that smile...loosening his tie...crossing his legs and leaning back with a poorly hidden smirk...Who needs this crap....Do you see the Queen Of England who is the personification of leadership and dignity...making the talk show rounds?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 53,361,250 times
And he proved last night that without a teleprompter he sounds like a mumbling and stuttering idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies