Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,267,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Bush never appeared on the Tonight Show while in office. This is Obama 6th appearance since he has been president
So what?
Isn't it more egregious that Bush started a war with a country that did nothing to us or anyone else?
I guess selective memory is funny that way.

Quote:
This is obama's 6th appearance on the show
And you've made the same comment 5-6 times in 30 posts.
So what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,314,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Serious leaders do not appear of frivolous talk shows.
Don't be silly. Your very own political leaders appear on frivolous talk shows and comedy shows all the time. You've never seen politicians laughing at themselves on the Mercer Report or This Hour?
I like it. Makes them seem more human. Jack Layton was a hoot and always a good sport.
R.I.P.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He's a pop star.

Too many voters now only look for the celebrity appeal in a candidate. Very few are intelligent enough to actually care about the experience and knowledge a candidate has.

Obama never ran a business. Why would anyone believe he even knows how businesses run and how employers decide when to open new positions? Running a business or a country takes more than looking cute on evening comedy shows.
Has been happening for a long time. That's why JFK won, that's why so many became ga-ga over Ronnie.

Running a business has very little in common with being POTUS. It's probably not an accident that many of our worst presidents were businessmen with little political experience at a national level. Most of the presidents who consistently rank as the best had little or no business experience.

I will also note that many of you conveninetly forget that Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio and many other right-wing politicians, have never run a business in their lives. In the cases of the two I mentioned, I don't know that they've had actual jobs besides being politicians, in contrast to Obama.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,983,841 times
I'm not watching but I can hear Obama doing a lot of stuttering in the other room which means he is lying about something. The man never sounds intelligent when he doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him

Old 08-06-2013, 10:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,267,837 times
Quote:
I'm not watching but I can hear Obama doing a lot of stuttering in the other room which means he is lying about something. The man never sounds intelligent when he doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him
We get it, you hate the guy.

Seems as if the majority of voters thought differently.
Oh, the poutrage.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,662,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Has been happening for a long time. That's why JFK won, that's why so many became ga-ga over Ronnie.

Running a business has very little in common with being POTUS. It's probably not an accident that many of our worst presidents were businessmen with little political experience at a national level. Most of the presidents who consistently rank as the best had little or no business experience.

I will also note that many of you conveninetly forget that Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio and many other right-wing politicians, have never run a business in their lives. In the cases of the two I mentioned, I don't know that they've had actual jobs besides being politicians, in contrast to Obama.
Running a business or work experience in the real world might have given Obama some kind of insight into how jobs are created and what taxpayers face.

Obama doesn't have the skills to run even a Godfather's Pizza franchise. That's why he promised to create 5 million new jobs. He actually had no clue what job creation actually takes.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,915,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

I've heard a lot of that when Romney was running as well, that businessmen historically do not make good presidents and presidential candidates and have a difficult time selling their ideas and connecting with the people

Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Running a business or work experience in the real world might have given Obama some kind of insight into how jobs are created and what taxpayers face.

Obama doesn't have the skills to run even a Godfather's Pizza franchise. That's why he promised to create 5 million new jobs. He actually had no clue what job creation actually takes.
Obama was a law professor and community organizer, which are real jobs and which is more than 80% of the forum has ever done, particularly the lazy slugs whining here at all times of day, 365 days of the year.

You folks tell us time and time again that government cannot create jobs or grow the economy, so make up your minds. Then, out of the other side of your scabby mouths, you tell us how Obama has failed to revive the economy. You need to sit down and focus, really hard. I mean real hard, and try to come up with a non-contradictory position on this. If you think putting three or four or five of your noggins together will help, then do it.

Finally, I don't know if you actually realize this, given that it's basic civics, but the president doesn't make laws. That would be Congress, the legislative branch. Then again, government cannot get us out of economic malaise, so there's no reason for you folks to be talking about that. I would suggest coming up with suggestions for the private sector to pull us out of this, or are you going to resort to the positively brilliant logic someone advanced last week: "The government got us into this mess, so it should get us out."

Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,975,566 times
Default Jay Leno stumps Obama on "infrastructure" question

Obama is always talking about infrastructure this infrastructure that & when Jay asked him how it becomes a Republican or Democrat issue he answered "I don't know". It was only the topic of debate brought up numerous times during the campaigns by the President himself. He's been talking about infrastructure as if its some major issue for the past 3 years.

What a buffoon.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 PM

234 posts, read 184,591 times
I'm proud to know that he is aware of the fact that Americans will not accept a truly motivational person in the Oval Office without them appearing on venues like "The Tonight Show".

Bill Clinton should have done the same thing back in the Lewinski days. Would have saved a lot of trouble. W should have too after 9/11.

Americans must cease being so serious about what is appropriate for their well-appointed representatives to do when it comes to being on TV or doing online appearances. Newspapers are dead and AM radio is the last bastion of the illiterate. Americans want to like their chosen president and what better way to get them to idolize than something like casual talk shows? He is only there to entertain and soothe, just as the next one and the one after that will be so what is the big deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies