Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
An embarrassment to the country? So you suddenly care about what others think of the US? That's quite a change from the Bush years, when our foreign policy was "f**k everybody else."

yes an embarrassment, you didn't see him last night on TV looking crazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I recall a RWNJ back in Kennedy's day, his name was Barry Goldwater. He made a bit of a splash until people actually started listening to what he was saying.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I didn't watch the Chief POS on Leno, but saw bits and pieces of it replayed on the morning show.

All the guy does is stutter and stammer. He thinks it's cool. It isn't.

Ah, glad to know someone else notices his "thoughtful stutter". I'm sure that's what he thinks it is, and to his exceptionally low IQ base, it probably comes across that way.

He should change his name to Barack "UHBAMA" LMAO

Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
yes an embarrassment, you didn't see him last night on TV looking crazy?
No, I don't watch very much TV. Why did you watch it? Am I to understand that you hate the man, and yet you purposefully watched it?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine that, as our history marches on, future sitting Presidents will appear on televised talk shows.

I will note that several sitting Presidents were not adverse to appearing on television shows, such as Bob Hope's annual specials (Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan). As Governor of California, Reagan appeared on the Sonny and Cher show.

Of course, we all remember Mr. Nixon, while running in 1968, appearing on Laugh-In ("Sock it to me?").

The wheel turns ever on and on. Sitting Presidents used to go on the radio, after that useful device was invented, for making speeches, fireside chats, and also to be interviewed.

I imagine that if Mr. Romney had won the presidency, he would not have been adverse to going on Jay Leno's show, or perhaps some others. I predict every future president makes us of this exposure.
Were they SITTING presidents when they made their TV appearances?

Not every household had a television, but they did have a radio. That's how presidents communicated to the citizens. None of them used the radio to put on comedy shows. They talked to the listeners about the state of the country - the good and the bad.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I can't belief there is a thread about this.

Don't wanna see Obama on TV? Watch another channel!

... or ... do something constructive.
What is it about "I'm paying that idiot's salary" that's too deep to understand?

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
I'm not watching but I can hear Obama doing a lot of stuttering in the other room which means he is lying about something. The man never sounds intelligent when he doesn't have a teleprompter in front of him
Quote:
His appearance last night with him smiling and then stuttering confirmed that he is a certified JOKE.
Did you watch it or not? How did you know he was smiling if you didn't watch?

Interesting picture your first quote provides. You siting in another room while the TV is blaring late night programming. Is this how you normally watch TV? Perhaps you normally watch but last night you couldn't bring yourself to seeing HIM on the show? And obviously stuttering is a sure indicator of lying, or nervousness, or being tired... Of course you were careful to screen out anything he said (because it's obviously all lies to you), but you focused in on his flaws. Psychologists call this selective bias.

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75

My point is he shouldn't be on a comedy show
smiling when there are so many issues going on in the country
Presidents should only smile when there are NO issues going on in a country, eh? Only Presidents of Utopia, Paradise, Shangri-La and Fantasyland should smile.

Some of you sound quite delusional.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What is it about "I'm paying that idiot's salary" that's too deep to understand?
So your whole issue with Obama is the salary he draws? While you complain about "paying" for his $400k/year salary, I'll complain about the $500b/year we spend on our little overseas adventures. It's a few orders of magnitude larger.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
An embarrassment to the country? So you suddenly care about what others think of the US? That's quite a change from the Bush years, when our foreign policy was "f**k everybody else."
LOL. Today's foreign policy: "bend over and grab your ankles"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies