Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
People like you puzzle me. Why in the world would you devote 20 minutes of your life to watch something that obviously annoys you or just wastes your time? Forget about TV, there are people in this life who annoy or just really bother me. Guess how much time I give them?
It sounds very unprofessional & certainly not presidential in any sense of the word. He would get a big fat F in public speaking class. The guy can't complete a sentence without using an "uh" or two in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The guy can't complete a sentence without using an "uh" or two in it.
Maybe he was born in Canada

Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
So the show aired last night hugh. The only reason he sounds like a mumbling idiot is because he is phony and should try to be himself...I would say that Obama has no real confidence...He can't relax and be himself because even he knows that he is a simple common guy who is in over his head.
Yes, he knows it, but he knows how easily his low IQ base can be fooled. It's actually amusing to watch them fall in line with their excuses and pandering.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:17 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, he knows it, but he knows how easily his low IQ base can be fooled. It's actually amusing to watch them fall in line with their excuses and pandering.
Define "low IQ base." Obama won postgrads 55-42% in 2012. Evidently there are some high IQ folks in his base too.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post

I just wanted to see him make a fool of himself like he always does when there is no teleprompter around
I hope someone has given Obama a geography lesson, and showed him where the Gulf of Mexico is. That's what happens when he goes off script.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, yes. Again, Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan appeared on Bob Hope's annual Christmas show, while they were 'sitting' presidents (I think Mr. Bush the Elder did too). True, they did not talk about issues affecting the country: I believe they were usually short messages to Bob, with maybe a 'jab' thrown in. However, times change.

I guess my point was lost on you:I am saying that it shall probably become the 'norm' for sitting Presidents to go on different forums (television talk shows, internet podcasts, etc) and talk about issues. I never watch late night television, but I guess President Obama wanted to reach out to those that do. I would not be surprised if he went on a daytime talk show (if he hasn't already; I do not watch much television save for an hour or two in the evening). I imagine that it is getting more difficult to capture the attention of various segments of American society, so you go to the media form that will help you do so.

I'm still a little surprised that some are so upset over this. Of course, there were 'old timers' who were upset that Mr. Nixon (as a candidate) appeared on Laugh-In, but it did help his image. I recall people becoming upset over President Carter's interview in Playboy. I guess you will always have people 'upset' over something.
I never watched Obama on a talk show. I did see clips on youtube. I find it hard to take a president serious when he is on a show that is based on comedy and uses national issues as his material for comedy. It's as if he's poking and making fun of issues that are a concern to Americans. There is nothing funny about what is going on in this country. Maybe people could find the humor entertaining if this country was doing better. He's just a bit too Hollywood for me. If he wants to be a comedian, fine, just don't use national issues as your material.

There is a time and place for everything. Talking about national issues while on a comedy show is not the place. That's just my opinion. There are Sunday talk shows where there is serious discussions about national issues that he could appear on. Maybe he doesn't go for several reasons: he doesn't like his weekends interrupted? afraid to be challenged? afraid he won't be able to answer off the top of his head?

And you may be right, that sitting Presidents will appear more often on television shows. Hopefully it won't be a stage for them to show what they believe to be their hidden talents.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
YSeven states exhibited statistically significant higher household food insecurity rates than the U.S. national average 2009-2011:
United States 14.7%
Mississippi 19.2%
Texas 18.5%
Arkansas 19.2%
Alabama 18.2%
Georgia 17.4%
California 16.2%
North Carolina 17.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
All red states except California.
Wow... is that all you got from the entire post? Partisan much?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Define "low IQ base." Obama won postgrads 55-42% in 2012. Evidently there are some high IQ folks in his base too.
A high IQ is not an indicator of possessing good judgement. I worked for some of the smartest engineers (lacking common sense) who thought they knew my job better than I did. My thirty years of experience didn't distract them from making fools of themselves at any given moment.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
1. Many are still unemployed

2. Many struggling to survive working at part-time jobs

3. Crappy Economy

4. Many living in Poverty

But this fool is going to go on TV and smile on a late night comedy show. What the hell is wrong with him?

Obama to Appear On Jay Leno Aug. 6 | Variety
OOOh another lets bash Obama thread..
I watched him on Leno and he sounded much more credible than this topics premise and some of its hateful replies .If you are so concerned about the welfare of the American worker get Congress to get off their backsides and vote for or at least bring to the floor some legislation to help that unemployed demographic instead of voting no,filibustering and obstructing anything the President brings to the table.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
A high IQ is not an indicator of possessing good judgement. I worked for some of the smartest engineers (lacking common sense) who thought they knew my job better than I did. My thirty years of experience didn't distract them from making fools of themselves at any given moment.
That's what people with low IQs usually say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies