Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Don't think there were many RWNJs then. There were some, but not with Network and Internet mouthpieces.
And look what we have today. RWNJs and LWNJs. Unfortunately the LWNJs tip the scale considerably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Obama Hater Autoresponse:

1. All those other presidents did it on Mondays, so it doesn't count!
2. All those other presidents wore gray, so it doesn't count!
3. All those other presidents entered from stage left, so it doesn't count!
4. All those other presidents .... uh, anyway, it doesn't count!

Name one other sitting President who appeared on a talk show. I'll wait.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And look what we have today. RWNJs and LWNJs. Unfortunately the LWNJs tip the scale considerably.
I recall a RWNJ back in Kennedy's day, his name was Barry Goldwater. He made a bit of a splash until people actually started listening to what he was saying.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
1. Many are still unemployed

2. Many struggling to survive working at part-time jobs

3. Crappy Economy

4. Many living in Poverty

But this fool is going to go on TV and smile on a late night comedy show. What the hell is wrong with him?

Obama to Appear On Jay Leno Aug. 6 | Variety
I remember when the news was about Obama being the first sitting president to appear on a late night comedy show, now the story is ho-hum, it's his sixth appearance, on just this one show. Obama thinks he's a pop culture icon.

Maybe Obama will tell more jokes about handicapped children, cuz the last joke was a real hoot.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They can't name President Kennedy, because his appearance was only as a candidate.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:32 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Heh, validating my point. Thanks!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I imagine that, as our history marches on, future sitting Presidents will appear on televised talk shows.

I will note that several sitting Presidents were not adverse to appearing on television shows, such as Bob Hope's annual specials (Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan). As Governor of California, Reagan appeared on the Sonny and Cher show.

Of course, we all remember Mr. Nixon, while running in 1968, appearing on Laugh-In ("Sock it to me?").

The wheel turns ever on and on. Sitting Presidents used to go on the radio, after that useful device was invented, for making speeches, fireside chats, and also to be interviewed.

I imagine that if Mr. Romney had won the presidency, he would not have been adverse to going on Jay Leno's show, or perhaps some others. I predict every future president makes us of this exposure.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Heh, validating my point. Thanks!
If your point is that you've failed miserably in this thread you're very welcome because that's all that's been validated here.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
If people still can't find jobs by now, then it's quite obvious they're not looking enough. In North Dakota jobs are going begging. If you think it's beneath your dignity to move to such a place, then I think it's beneath your dignity to still be without a job.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
If your point is that you've failed miserably in this thread you're very welcome because that's all that's been validated here.
You promised to ignore me. I was so looking forward to it. But I see you can't resist the urge to embarrass yourself, so at least I'll ignore you from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies