Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Get a grip people..What Romney even said was completely wrong. The bill doesn't shutdown government. Essential services will still keep working. SS, Medicare, etc. won't stop.
Myth busted - thanks! Couldn't rep you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Forgive me if I don't buy into the "we have to work hard to save you" excuse that the GOP trumps out. That's very nanny state of them to have that mindset. The problem with the GO is that once people get used to ObamaCare, then the GOP is in real big trouble. That's the problem. I've read on the internet many of the same arguments were used during the Medicare battle, that Medicare was going to be the end of healthcare as they have known it, blah blah blah. Medicare is now the most popular program after SS, ironically being overwhelmingly supported by the GOP base, the same people opposed to ObamaCare.
I suppose Amanda Berry got used to being beat on and raped with regular frequency, but that doesn't mean that she liked it.

More Americans oppose Obamacare than ever before

Sorry for the right wing extremeist link (MSNBC) but apparently only 37% of Americans support Obamacare. Perhaps that number will grow, perhaps it will not.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The GOP is trying to save us from the Obamacare trainwreck. Unlike Obama they care about the country rather than getting their names in lights.
Tell that to Senators Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock. Tell that to Carnival Cruz. Tell that to outgoing Rep Michele Bachmann, who's such a patriot that she declined to run for re-election.

Tell that to Vice President Sarah Palin, for crying out loud.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is pure crap. They want to make a spectacle of themselves - the crazy ones anyway, and garner more votes. Get some television time. Fire up their base.

Mostly the ones to the right of Attila the Hun. When the majority of other Republicans are telling the crazies to settle down - it's NOT the GOP running this trainwreck. It's the extremists.

Fools.
What I see most liberals saying here is that Obamacare is wonderful. If it is so wonderful how would the GOP hope to gain more votes by opposing it?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
My issue with Romney wasn't that he had money in foreign banks in order to avoid paying taxes, but he had NO plans to make financial corrections, here in America, so that the practice could be avoided.
What is Obama's plan to make that correction?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
What I see most liberals saying here is that Obamacare is wonderful. If it is so wonderful how would the GOP hope to gain more votes by opposing it?
The same way the GOP gets votes for other issues: by lying to people and keeping them stupid enough to vote for the GOP. Rich white people and stupid white people are their only hope.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If ObamaCare is such a terrible law, why aren't the GOP just letting it go through without hindering it, that way they can have an I told you so attitude in 2016 and win? Well, I'll tell you why. They are scared that ObamaCare is actually going to work and none of the doom and gloom they are predicting is going to happen. Anyone with a minute amount of thinking capacity can see that is what is happening. Either that, or the GOP is really that bad at political strategy

This is a terrible way to let things go about. It's just spiteful and selfish, if in your instance you know something will fail, to let it happen anyway just to say "I told you so".

In regards to ObamaCare working, from what I've seen and heard from doctors first hand, is nothing but negatives.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
The level-headed people in the GOP know that they won't. The crazy faction with the crazy base - might, as an individual, gain some votes.

As a party - it will hurt the GOP and THAT is what Romney is trying to say.

It's not about listening to Obama or another Democrat - it's about listening to the moderates in your own party.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The same way the GOP gets votes for other issues: by lying to people and keeping them stupid enough to vote for the GOP. Rich white people and stupid white people are their only hope.
Lots of people seem to be buying these vicious GOP "lies".

CBS, NBC Acknowledge ObamaCare Approval At All-Time Low; ABC Skips | NewsBusters

Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Lots of people seem to be buying these vicious GOP "lies".

CBS, NBC Acknowledge ObamaCare Approval At All-Time Low; ABC Skips | NewsBusters
Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that the abstract concept of "Obamacare" is unpopular. That's been the case since day one -- the GOP war has worked. But when you start asking people about certain provisions, the unpopularity fades. People actually are in favor of certain things that Obamacare does:

- no denial for pre-existing conditions
- children covered til 26
- closing the medicare donut hole

Those are a few that come to mind; there are others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies