Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 10:17 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
No, it's the dense people who trot out silly figures like 99.99% with no substantiation.
I doubt you even read the story.
Next.
Are you dense as well?

In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

In 2011, an estimated 1,203,564 violent crimes occurred nationwide

Over a million violent crimes if .01% of those crimes received national media attention that would be 12,036 crimes. You think the national media highlights 12,036 violent a year? LOLOLOLOLOL?

What I wrote stands, 99.99% of violent crimes don't receive national media attention.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
In Canada our black population is tiny. I only have two black associates - and they are not Americanized nor are they bitter - I am honest with them and they are the same with me. It might be media but my perception of American blacks is one for the most part of dumb savagery. I know there are some decent ones who make an attempt to be civil...but just as with whites it is all about background- how you were raised...how well bred you are...It really bugs me when any group of savages black or white - swarm and beat a person...Makes you want to dig a big pit and push the retards into it....You can reason with some and some will never be reasonable...just plain stupid- combine that with violence=useless.
My perception of City data posters who claim to be canadian and have the user name Oleg Bach is that they are racist.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Are you dense as well?

In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

In 2011, an estimated 1,203,564 violent crimes occurred nationwide

Over a million violent crimes if .01% of those crimes received national media attention that would be 12,036 crimes. You think the national media highlights 12,036 violent a year? LOLOLOLOLOL?

What I wrote stands, 99.99% of violent crimes don't receive national media attention.
.01% of 1,203,564 is actually 120.3564, genius. Who's the dense one?
LOLOLOLOLOL that one off.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
.01% of 1,203,564 is actually 120.3564, genius. Who's the dense one?
LOLOLOLOLOL that one off.
You are correct. I made a very simple mistake.

Still my point stands. You think there were 120 violent crimes highlighted by the national media?

No, there weren't. Very, very few violent crimes receive national media attention. So the fact that any individual violent crime doesn't receive national attention is the norm.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,509 times
Quote:
You are correct. I made a very simple mistake.

Still my point stands. You think there were 120 violent crimes highlighted by the national media?

No, there weren't. Very, very few violent crimes receive national media attention. So the fact that any individual violent crime doesn't receive national attention is the norm.
A simple mistake that was wrong by one hundred times. And yes, I do.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You dudes are incredibly emotional. You all sound like chicks.

Ballsy move, huh? You think that's the first time a kid has ever been beat up by more than one person? Really?

You've been beat up before (although i'm sure it didn't take 3 people to do it), did you run to the media and report it?

Bringing two co-p***ies along to fight one kid speaks for itself as does your defense of the chicken-**** practice.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Bringing two co-p***ies along to fight one kid speaks for itself as does your defense of the chicken-**** practice.
but he gives as good as he recieves so he says? 2000 miles away telling me whats going on in my backyard?
All the posters like some on this subject hurl insults about intelligence when you disagree with their dribble.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:12 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Horsesh*t.
Ever heard of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom? Horrific crime and yet no national coverage.
Wheres Big Al Sharpton and Sweet Jeese Jackson the two false prophets on this matter ?
See how some here posting say stupid things to justify a brutal attack ...by the way I like your CD name Patton was one of my heroes growing up.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
This is the ugly underbelly of conservative thinking. Matt Drudge and Mr. Limbaugh did this kind of race baiting early in President Obama's presidency.

A kid was beat up on a bus by other kids and for some reason this struck conservatives as evidence of Obama's America is how Mr. Limbaugh put that black kids beat up white kids on a school bus because they deserve it.

Matt Drudge took to running photo's of criminals or mob scenes and portraying them as some sort of race war that was being unreported by the media.

conservatives are fairly racist. Most violent crimes in this nation receive zero national media attention be it intraracial or interracial.

Yet conservatives are pretending that any incident they can find that involves black people hurting white people is the height of some race war being carried out by black people en-mass against white people with the President's approval and the media's silence. Very sad and dangerous ideas that are floating around mainstream conservatives.

Ah yes, another "conservatives are racist, blah blah blah rant!!!" Repeating a lie over and over numerous times doesn't make it true you know.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
A simple mistake that was wrong by one hundred times. And yes, I do.
Yes, it was incorrect, but the basic premise stays the same. The national media doesn't cover 120 violent crimes in any year. Please list some violent crimes that received national coverage. This should be extremely enlightening.

It also doesn't change that there are over a 1million violent crimes committed in this nation every year. Only a tiny, tiny fraction of those cases receives national media attention.

So again, finding a violent crime that didn't receive national media attention is the norm and not indicative of some ulterior motive, because 99.99% of violent crimes in America don't receive any national media coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies