Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 03:55 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did Republicans really think independents would vote for flip-flop Romney? That race was over as soon as Romney was nominated. Ron Paul was their only chance, and they dismissed him.
Well, many independents voted for flip-flop Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:59 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,746 times
Why is it that we are spending billions on welfare programs when we could be using this money to invest in getting people back to work. Has this question ever been asked before by any politician? From day one the system was setup so that it's easier to be dependent then it is to go to work everyday. It's like an episode from the twilight zone. This isn't a slam on welfare, I just find it very very odd. Of course it's the same thing with all the worthless desk chair government employees, who get taxpayer funded salaries. Not all, but some.

Last edited by parried; 08-12-2013 at 06:11 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
No, Zero spent $1.2 billion to win the White House. Mr. Obama spent 1.0 billion to keep it. My source 2012 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets
So you are not OK with Romney spending 1.2 billion to get the white house, but you are OK with Obama spending 1.0 billion to keep it? I thought you hated money in politics.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
If a good Republican candidate reveals themselves I'd consider voting for them. I AM a registered Republican afterall, they just haven't stepped up to the plate recently.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, there are people of all political persuasions who do it. And civility would be better for everyone. But as I pointed out in my earlier post, it's conservatives who have lost the Presidency the past two elections, and who want to regain it. Conservatives are the ones who want to GAIN support. The strategy of demeaning and putting down the people they want to persuade to share their perspective, to support the conservative candidate, is a strategy that's doomed to failure. People don't like having their intelligence or motives insulted. Conservatives are trying to sell people on conservative IDEAS. That means that instead of offering up clever insults and not-so-subtle put-downs, they should be putting forth solid arguments for why their IDEAS are superior.
so move more to the center? like we have in the last two election, that we lost? and we are civil, we use facts, logic, reason, and common sense, and the left always resorts to name calling and violence.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
We underestimated the stupidity of Obama's base, as well as the size of the dependent class. King Obama also lost 10 million votes from 2008 to 2012. If Romney had been able to neutralize the DNC's smear campaign, which was all King Obama ran on, then we would have been spared another term of this failed tinpot despot.

If anyone "doesn't learn", it's the mindless drones that voted for King Obama twice.

Then boy howdy, the Obama base has tons of drones mindless is a understatment. We need someone that actually has a good business sense. Sure as hell could not hurt anything.

Jobs are needed for many people and some i know who want full time work again, tired of part time. We need employment and get people the hell off welfare, who are undeserving of it, the fraulent cases, yes they are out there,.

Talk to people i know who work social security offices, you will learn a lot. The fraud is unbelievable, and the lengths some will go thru, to get a free buck. Make people dependent, and they shall stand in line.

Hate to agree with you, but how many times can a person be stupid, i guess once isn't enough. The idiots don't realize their baseless clueless decision to vote Obama, effects each and every one of us, thanks a lot people. You think this economy is great and thriving, hate to see what you say, when this actually happens. This is not thriving.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
so move more to the center? like we have in the last two election, that we lost? and we are civil, we use facts, logic, reason, and common sense, and the left always resorts to name calling and violence.
Clearly the left doesn't ALWAYS resort to name-calling and violence. I'm on the left, I've never been violent and I try to refrain from name-calling as much as possible. Those on the right seem to engage in a fair bit of name-calling, and insults, and even violence as well.

And I did not suggest moving to the center. I suggested making sounder argument to support your belief that the policies and positions put forward by the right are superior to the policies and positions put forward by the left. Instead of making sweeping judgments against those who disagree with you (like the statement, "the left always resorts to name calling and violence").

A better argument is more persuasive than telling someone they are stupid or shallow or uninformed, etc.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You must mean namecalling like "dimocrats." And "dimocraps." "*******s." "Libturds." "Oblamerbots."

"Liberalism is a brain disease."

"The most useless degree one can get is one in liberalism."

"liberal cities by definition are teet sucking parasites unable and uninterested in supporting themselves."

"maybe if chicago jesus and his wookie wasnt such hypocritical scumbags there wouldnt be a need for a daily bash the idiots thread"

"liberals to start with, very few things are more slinky like than an obama leg humping parasite "

"That's what's killing us. Lazy bums wit dat gibsmedat attitude.
You know, the mentality that the libbies just love to make themselves feel better about their sorry ass lives."

You mean civil, factual and logical like that?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
In fact, let me add another civil, logical and ever-so-classy post from just a few minute ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Hey Mrs. Eaton, you had enough time to spend all day behind an NAACP lectern in a park with your pretty new outfit on but you're disenfranchised because someone wants you to show an ID to vote. Get real for a minute you ignorant old hag, we know the truth. Maybe you're just having a hard time remembering...
Yes, I'm completely convinced that cons are lovely people. They're just misunderstood.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama's presidency has been one of abject failure and economic misery, scarred by scandal. The only jobs the admin has "created" are part time jobs. Incomes, savings, and standard of living has fallen during the Obama administration, and we have three more years of this downtrend to endure.

2016- How are the libs going to promote four more years of liberal "rule" after this debacle? Will Americans be dumb enough to vote for another liberal and doom the nation to four more years of economic misery? Has the electorate become conditioned, via government treats for votes programs, to simply vote democrat, regardless of performance and personal voter economic misery?

Libs- If liberal policy is so great, why do we have greater numbers of unemployed (or underemployed), lower incomes, lower savings, and more people on food stamps? The only people that appear to have prospered under Obama is the "1%ers"- oddly the people that Obama purports to hate.
I dont think the Liberals are getting in because their policies are so good but more because the republican policies are so bad or even non existent.
Since President Obama came into office the rebublicans have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to make him a one term President by Voting no to everything filibustering and obstructing everything that is proposed.If Republicans want to rule again they might want to come out with better programs and legislation than the democrats are trying to put through rather than just wasting time doing nothing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies