Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 04:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,945,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That is nice and dandy but you are a grown ass man and I might say can not be moved by being called racist slurs either. I really believe 8 out 10 times if a young man is confronted oneon one with someone who is verbally attacking them for no reason a fight will more then likely happen

If you bothered to read, you would have noticed that I was called awful things by those black thugs when I was Trayvon's age, and I was armed and could have easily done something idiotic. Instead, I remembered that old but apparently forgotten nursery rhyme: sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

I don't care how young he is, unless you are physically confronted and attacked, you have no excuse for starting a fight. Just walk away, shrug, and don't have a N* gga moment.

A ***** Moment - YouTube

Pay especially close attention to what happens from 1:10 minutes in onward.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,261,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First, I have walked through countless mostly white towns and never had an issue...the black ghettos? I know to watch my back and bring my gun. Nothing against intelligent, rational Africans, but I know to always look out for the N ^^^rs.

Believe me it is more location than luck that you are not bothered. Do any of these towns consist of towns in the deep south? Truthfully, I also know the differnce between the two but as someone who grew up in a bad neighborhood I also realize that if you look and carry yourself like a victim you will be one

Second, I would have just walked home and told my father what was going on or stopped and asked if there was a problem. If he would have said something I would be firm put polite and ask him to call the police because I know I am doing nothing illegal. I would never start a fight just because someone speaks, no matter what they say...well, granted, if someone says dubstep is a better genre of music than my beloved industrial rock, it may indeed go to fisticuffs. But baring said situation, I would keep my composure.

Like I said before, you did not follow this case too well did you? Trayvon did not have the option of telling his father anything because he WAS NOT HOME! Now if he was who is to say that he would'nt have done that. That is fine and dandy but, who is to say what reallly happened on that night except for zimmerman's who's word is not worth toilet paper! There is no proof that zimmerman did not grab Trayvon or even took a swing at him, it is all speculation but it is still possible that it could have happened. The really sad thing is when grown men try to place themselves in the shoes of a young black teenager on that night. Sadly, given the same situation many of them would have proably done the same thing Trayvon did if they were his age and someone was folowing them in the dark

I was recently followed in a liquor store by a clerk who spoke to me in Spanish (you would think my mulatto but would be use to being mistaken for a Latino by now) I replied to him in English and inquired about vintages of Nuits-Saint-Georges. He said they had 2011 2012, and I scoffed and informed him that while 2011 was "charming", 2012 wasn't fit to cook with. I then asked if he had any Cru Beaujolais and he said no, and I asked him why the establishment had the audacity to place the Petite Sirah in the same category as Syrah, and commit the philistine but oh too common faux pas of spelling its name "petite syrah"

I left after buying some Pernod Absinthe, Amarula liqueur, some nice Nigori Sake and a couple of bottles of Red Mountain, Washington Cabernet Sauvignon (2009! )

I left him feeling idiotic and he well have second thoughts when a non-white walks into his pathetic excuse for a wine and spirits shop....

But I guess wat ise should have done is handled it like a "down for life N GGA!" and been like "yo, punk @ SS sucka! Watcha Followin' me around all up in my business like dat, Son? Wat, you gots beef?"

Uh, not quite the same thing. The average young black man does not have the knowledge of wines like you do, so naturally it would have been a suprise to him. That is nothing different than a blackman in hip-hop gear going into a chinese restaurant and ordering his food in Mandarin.

You story does answer a question about you that I often wondered about and that is why you have such a distain for the less educated folks that surround you and why they treat you the way that do.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
If you bothered to read, you would have noticed that I was called awful things by those black thugs when I was Trayvon's age, and I was armed and could have easily done something idiotic. Instead, I remembered that old but apparently forgotten nursery rhyme: sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

I don't care how young he is, unless you are physically confronted and attacked, you have no excuse for starting a fight. Just walk away, shrug, and don't have a N* gga moment.

A ***** Moment - YouTube

Pay especially close attention to what happens from 1:10 minutes in onward.

I seen it along time ago, but the point still remains that no one really know what actually took place that night except for zimmerman's word. As a grown man, words proably will not affect you but what if the person grab you as well? Would you not strike back and defend yourself?

I can safely say when I first moved to Pittsburgh, I was a dark skinned kid with glasses and spoke proper english, don't you think that I was called all kinds of names as well by my black peers? Yes, I followed the "golden rule" as well until anyone laid a hand on me and then it was on! I cannot say that how I would have reacted in the face of racism at that age since I did not have to deal with it until I was an adult

Old 08-10-2013, 04:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,823,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You expected something different from the one person that arguably had the single biggest impact on getting Obummer elected the first time?
It's sad that there are so many posts like this one, disrespecting the President. Since Black people represent about 12% of the entire US population (including children) then it's ridiculous to say that Obama won because a popular talk show host liked him, especially when he won by a landslide in 2008. What's really ironic is that many of the states with the highest percentage of Black residents are red states like Georgia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, South Carolina and Mississippi. Also, the states with the most educated people are blue states (like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) Vermont is one of the Whitest places on the planet and it's a blue state. Therefore, your comment is invalid.

Anyway, I totally disagree with Oprah on this matter, although I do feel that George Zimmerman was wrong when he got out of his car to follow Trayvon Martin. It's an entirely different situation, however.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You and your race crap. No evidence Trayvon knew Z was armed. Trayvon did not, legally, have to run. It would have been the smart thing. He would still be alive.

So if he did not have a gun and he did not know if Trayvon had a gun would he still followed him? Hell NO he would not have! He would have stayed his monkey butt in the truck and waited for the police. If he thought Trayvon had a gun why did'nt he pull his out as well? Lets use common sense. If you walk up on someone and you think that they have a gun, would'nt you have at least a hand on yours as well?

I have explained this at nauseum, where should Trayvon have run to? If you really believe that he should have ran home then you are indeed a fool. Why would you lead someone who is following you to your house with just a kid there?

Btw, why does it have to be "race crap" just because I see things from another perspective? If I quoted rush limpbaughs or sean insanity would that make you feel better?

Old 08-10-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
He was planning on decapitating both of them and placing their heads on pikes at the gated entrance to deter future burglars.
Don't be stupid! If someone that you don't know is following you in the dark and does not identify themselves, how in the hell do you know what their intentions are?

Old 08-10-2013, 05:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,787,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So if he did not have a gun and he did not know if Trayvon had a gun would he still followed him? Hell NO he would not have! He would have stayed his monkey butt in the truck and waited for the police. If he thought Trayvon had a gun why did'nt he pull his out as well? Lets use common sense. If you walk up on someone and you think that they have a gun, would'nt you have at least a hand on yours as well?

I have explained this at nauseum, where should Trayvon have run to? If you really believe that he should have ran home then you are indeed a fool. Why would you lead someone who is following you to your house with just a kid there?

Btw, why does it have to be "race crap" just because I see things from another perspective? If I quoted rush limpbaughs or sean insanity would that make you feel better?

This has been repeated ad nauseum. Martin was out of Zimmerman's site for 3 to 4 minutes. The chief prosecution witness inferred he was close to home. The fact is Zimmerman stopped his pursuit of Martin and Martin had effectively escaped the cracka.

It matters to me zip the race of the two antagonists here. The fact is under Florida law nothing illegal occurred until the first act of physical aggression which the preponderance of the evidence would suggest it was Martin who initiated the physical contact, though I see how rational people could disagree. What I cannot see is how anyone could say beyond a reasonable doubt that they know who started the fight. Therefore the jury only had one option: not guilty.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
This has been repeated ad nauseum. Martin was out of Zimmerman's site for 3 to 4 minutes. The chief prosecution witness inferred he was close to home. The fact is Zimmerman stopped his pursuit of Martin and Martin had effectively escaped the cracka.

"Close to home" is and was proven to be a relative term. Was it 50 ft or 50yds away from his father's house which makes not difference if someone is following you. From my understanding is that zimmerman lost him briefly (3-4 minutes) but continued to follow him.

It matters to me zip the race of the two antagonists here. The fact is under Florida law nothing illegal occurred until the first act of physical aggression which the preponderance of the evidence would suggest it was Martin who initiated the physical contact, though I see how rational people could disagree. What I cannot see is how anyone could say beyond a reasonable doubt that they know who started the fight. Therefore the jury only had one option: not guilty.
Why do you keep bringing up race? What evidence showed that Trayvon started the fight other than zimmerman's word? Please provide proof that Trayvon started it. The beating on zimmerman does not prove that Trayvon started it, all that it means is that he left evidence that he fought him.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,902,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It's sad that there are so many posts like this one, disrespecting the President. Since Black people represent about 12% of the entire US population (including children) then it's ridiculous to say that Obama won because a popular talk show host liked him, especially when he won by a landslide in 2008. What's really ironic is that many of the states with the highest percentage of Black residents are red states like Georgia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, South Carolina and Mississippi. Also, the states with the most educated people are blue states (like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) Vermont is one of the Whitest places on the planet and it's a blue state. Therefore, your comment is invalid.

Anyway, I totally disagree with Oprah on this matter, although I do feel that George Zimmerman was wrong when he got out of his car to follow Trayvon Martin. It's an entirely different situation, however.
Vermont is blue because its a welfare state...the four other states are populated by lots of folks on state aid, and the get out the vote drive was particularly strong there, for them. Obama is one of the worst presidents this country has had, just awful. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Barry Goldwater...

Old 08-10-2013, 08:10 PM

33,462 posts, read 17,967,991 times
Some black people are enlightened... this man says it like it is.

I Blame Oprah Winfrey For Baptizing Obama To America - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies