Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Oprah got her success from the women (and they happened to be white) who supported her. And Oprah attended the hate white church of Reverend Wright and it shows by her conclusions on white Americans.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The bogus comparison is nothing short of race baiting, IMO. I have NO respect for race baiters.

I don't listen to Glen Beck, but he is SPOT ON with this story.

Warning: graphic video of Emmett Till's injuries.
I used to really like her. In was a big fan but not any more.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Honestly? I love her.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Look, the whole story is that we have black youth breaking and entering, and a black youth out in the rain with a Hoodie, reaching inside his waistband as though pretending he had a gun. A perceived threat to the community neighborhood watch. He was already trying to act tough, and everyone is blaming GZ for trying to act tough or vigilante. Perfect word, BTW, for the media to incite emotional anger.

Shame on his parents AND Sharpton for talking about TM's "legacy". Going by his FB and cell phone texts, I'd be embarrassed to pretend he was a roll model for anyone, but a thug wanna be. BUT, the media won't get into that information. They'll put his hoodie in a museum, as though he was a hero. Society is nuts.
The fact that some other black guy was breaking into houses has nothing to do with Martin, and of course claiming that wearing a hoodie in the rain is suspicious is laughable. Also, I have to note that, although Zimmerman was supposedly worried that Martin had a gun, he then creeped behind him in his car, and then got out of his car and ran after him on foot when Martin tried to run away. I'll also note that Zimmerman never said that Martin reached into his waistband, but merely that he had one hand there, as well as holding "something" in his other hand.

In any event, it's grimly amusing to note the double standard at play here. Walking around in weather-appropriate clothing is "suspicious", but pulling to the side of the road to stare at someone is totally normal. Having a hand in a pocket is frightening, but creeping behind a pedestrian in your car is normal. If you have candy and a drink, you're on drugs and thus a vicious thug, but if you get out of your car with a gun to chase after someone you've clearly frightened into running from you, well you're just worried about the neighborhood. It's all quite telling, when it comes to some folks' irrational fear of black people.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
The fact that some other black guy was breaking into houses has nothing to do with Martin, and of course claiming that wearing a hoodie in the rain is suspicious is laughable. Also, I have to note that, although Zimmerman was supposedly worried that Martin had a gun, he then creeped behind him in his car, and then got out of his car and ran after him on foot when Martin tried to run away. I'll also note that Zimmerman never said that Martin reached into his waistband, but merely that he had one hand there, as well as holding "something" in his other hand.

In any event, it's grimly amusing to note the double standard at play here. Walking around in weather-appropriate clothing is "suspicious", but pulling to the side of the road to stare at someone is totally normal. Having a hand in a pocket is frightening, but creeping behind a pedestrian in your car is normal. If you have candy and a drink, you're on drugs and thus a vicious thug, but if you get out of your car with a gun to chase after someone you've clearly frightened into running from you, well you're just worried about the neighborhood. It's all quite telling, when it comes to some folks' irrational fear of black people.
In a nutshell.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I do know that conservatives thought Till deserved what he got back then, and they think Martin deserved to be killed by Zimmerman.

Other than that, the cases are quite different.
Believing that Zimmerman was not guilty of murder as defined by state law does not equate to thinking that Martin deserved to be killed.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Believing that Zimmerman was not guilty of murder as defined by state law does not equate to thinking that Martin deserved to be killed.
No one deserves to be killed simply for being a dumbass but a lot of dumbasses end up getting killed.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post

Neighborhood Watch - Zimmerman's position in this gated community - well liked by all. It was his job to suspect anyone he did not recognize. It was his job to stare. It was his job to take account of his surroundings. Zimmerman wasn't the pizza delivery, hence, he would be watching Trayvon.

Back on topic, he didn't call several friends to dogpile and gouge out TM's eye or tie barbed wire around his neck or shoot him in the face and throw him in a river. No comparison to Emmett Till - not one iota.

Why didn't TM have any facial wounds? Zimmerman was too short to reach his face. Self-defense - shoot the aggressor to save your life. Case closed. No comparison to Emmett Till - not one iota.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
This Martin-Till comparison is almost as cringeworthy as the MLK in a hoodie pic.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I lost all respect for the woman( I won't call her a lady any longer)

That is pure race baiting, using false propaganda.
We will never get over the hump, to unite as Americans, with closet racist like Oprah has turned out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies