Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:45 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
We need a ticket of Greens and Libertarians.
We may not agree with everything they stand for but if we vote enough of them in they will start to weed out the corruption.
What people need to realize is, we don't have to agree with everything from them. They can never change what we don't want them to change and vice versa.
I don't agree with everything about Rand Paul. Not all of his ideals will get passed if he becomes president though. He still has to go through Congress like everyone else.

If people could understand this, a third party could be a viable candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'll never understand how these liberal kooks who run around yelling to regulate everything, doesnt understand this simple fact.
The media. The have liberals convinced that this is because of Capitalism when what we really have, is Crony Capitalism.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most money is no longer parked in FDIC insured bank accounts.
I just closed my BOA account and moved 100% to my Credit Union.

More people need to get away from the big banks.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The media. The have liberals convinced that this is because of Capitalism when what we really have, is Crony Capitalism.
They actually thought Obama was different. As we see he is not in fact he is worse. The only thing Obama did was come after the little guy and didn't touch big business.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There was this group one time. That wanted to hold Wall Street accountable.
There was a couple. There was a presidential candidate that wanted to also.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
I just closed my BOA account and moved 100% to my Credit Union.

More people need to get away from the big banks.
I've been kicking myself for still not making the switch. I will be doing so very soon. My big bank has been manipulating debits and credits during their 6 hour reconciling window (12am-6am) so that debits come out before the credits go in so that my account overdrafts. E

The employees at the bank have been very nice and helpful, but the system is totally bogus IMO.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:27 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Honestly though, I don't remember any of you supporting the group trying to hold Wall Street Accountable. In fact, I remember several of you making fun of American protesters getting beaten by the Police.

They were standing up for the very thing many of you are on here complaining about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies