Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,686,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
If the GOP at the Federal level is able to de-fund or overturn then they can claim victory.
This is one of the great things about politics. As long as Guaranteed Issue stands, the Democrats and legitimately claim success. And the GOP can claim success if they are able to pull any little bit of ACA down, even if their effort is effectively impotent because it just makes whatever they damage come back some other way in some other form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,437,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW...you are stretching here....sorry, you musta really hurt your brain with that stretch.

First, I continue to post that quote becuase people cannot give me a true answer...they try but cannot.
Your concern for my brain is touching; however, on the basis of what I've seen from you here, it might be better for you to worry about your own brain.

And the quotes that no one can give you an answer to? They've been answered many times - go look.

Quote:
Second, I told that poster that I would be looking for them in ALL threads that were just like this one that was posted in, but that poster will not because they are for obama, hence the "i'll see you in all threads like this." But you'll never undersatnd that...
I'm quite willing to accept that I'll never understand you. To me, this is a good thing, and not something to be regretted. Clearly, you have no clue as to what I was saying, and I blame myself. I must have used too many big words.

Quote:
No wonder the left has such a hard time understanding...

Oh, and when you post somthing I said, please use the "quote button, because you obvioulsy only quoted what you felt you needed to respond to, to make yuor point valid, which if you would have posted my entire quote, just doing that would blow this (your) post out of the water.
There you go - everything, warts and all. And I've bolded your warts - just trying to be helpful.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,667,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
When you are dealing with small UC checks you make sure you are EXTRA CAREFUL
You do realize that those small UC checks should make you eligible for very low cost or completely subsidized care, right?

As for being "EXTRA CAREFUL" I hope that works out for you. Really I do.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,528,578 times
Quote:
I suspect that several other people in this thread will claim they could list myriad concerns with requiring that all subsidized healthcare and health insurance be non-profit.
Many health insurers already are not-for-profits. Take for example all the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers. And many others. It does nothing to keep down costs.

The real problem with health insurance today is - it's not really insurance. It's prepaid health care and a cost shifting scheme.

Imagine how much auto insurance would cost if it covered gas fillups and oil changes.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,240,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
My Kids( in there 30's) have already checked out the possible coverage they can purchase and have found lower costs for their families. I see the TP as not knowing a good conservative health plan just because it was passed by the Pres. and Dems.
Good for your kids! Bravo! They must be very special; they're the only people in the country who have found comparable health plans with the same doctors and the same benefits, at a lower premium.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
We'll find out soon enough, October 1, 2013. If millions are hammered, things will change in a hurry. But don't delude yourself. If the republican party sees an opportunity to turn the clock back on this pig of a health delivery system we have currently, they will be sadly mistaken.
What you're going to find out is that the Feds aren't ready for ObamaCare's legislated record keeping requirements, and won't be for a long time. In the interim? Everyone's personal data is at serious risk.

But hey, what's a little privacy and protection from Identity Thieves when Obama has the NSA spying on everyone's domestic internet activities, anyway, right?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:51 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,528,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Everyone's personal data is at serious risk.

But hey, what's a little privacy and protection from Identity Thieves when Obama has the NSA spying on everyone's domestic internet activities, anyway, right?
How do you know whether or not an intent was to 'spread the wealth' via crime?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The only way to fix the problem is to fix it little by little. Right-wingers in Congress cannot handle seeing too much fairness, or even too much compassion.
Love the "fairness" bit. You must be a stand-up comic!

Old 08-08-2013, 05:17 PM

8,606 posts, read 9,104,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Many health insurers already are not-for-profits. Take for example all the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers. And many others. It does nothing to keep down costs.

The real problem with health insurance today is - it's not really insurance. It's prepaid health care and a cost shifting scheme.

Imagine how much auto insurance would cost if it covered gas fillups and oil changes.
That is where you're wrong. Many years ago BCBS was sued by the major for-profits because BCBS was undermining insurance profits resulting in reduced dividends for shareholders. Anti-Trust comes into play resulting from the courts decisions. Another words BCBS has to price their product inline with the for-profits. Only because they have to and in order to do so they have to collude.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,923,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You do realize that those small UC checks should make you eligible for very low cost or completely subsidized care, right?

As for being "EXTRA CAREFUL" I hope that works out for you. Really I do.

What part of no one who is receiving UC should have a "JUST IN CASE BILL"?

even if it's $5.00 a month that money should go toward food if you are healthy and in between jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies