Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Man, I'm glad that isn't an official U.S. Government website. I didn't even read half of the first page and found more than half a dozen typos, misspelled words, and grammatical errors.

Gotta give the owner of the website some credit, though, they jumped on a domain and put up a website that is chock full of advertisements hidden in such a way that they actually look legitimate. They even tossed in a nice little mailing list link so that they can sell you something down the road. Internet marketing is great.

I'm wholeheartedly opposed to Obamacare, but I'm even more opposed to trashy websites like that one.
I'm sorry I'm not a newspaper editor. Did that confuse you?

Try this.

obamacare facts - Google Search

Or this.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...50500085,d.dmg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Who in the world said "Every American will be insured"? I believe it was said "every American could be insured" which is due to not allowing pre-existing condition exclusions. .
That settles it!!

Hey! Every American COULD have insurance under ANY healthcare system.

Glad to know now over 100,000,000 Americans fell hook, line and sinker for a theory.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Damm you should have posted that link on the first page, thank you lol
I didn't want the prenogation of the predisposed scholars on here not to get their chance.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm sorry I'm not a newspaper editor. Did that confuse you?

Try this.

obamacare facts - Google Search

Or this.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...50500085,d.dmg
It didn't confuse me, it just isn't a well-built website. Not trying to be personally offensive, but considering that a large portion of my income comes from content writing I just have to say that proofreading is a good thing, and Google gets really cranky about websites that disguise advertisement links as "legitimate" links. That website is walking a thin line, from what I can see.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It didn't confuse me, it just isn't a well-built website. Not trying to be personally offensive, but considering that a large portion of my income comes from content writing I just have to say that proofreading is a good thing, and Google gets really cranky about websites that disguise advertisement links as "legitimate" links. That website is walking a thin line, from what I can see.
Maybe they should hire people to delete unregistered websites. It would make less stupid and needless info.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:17 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,241,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nobody in a civilized society should be put in the situation of having to choose between access to healthcare and access to food, I quite agree.
Fallacious statement; False Dilemma Fallacy.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,128,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Might be because the employer wants to be able to hire the best candidate and offers Ins as a benefit. Has something to do with the job MARKET.
I've worked for nearly 40 years. I would have many times in the past, have had the luxury of choosing the coverage I want, not what the employer provides, and at the same time enjoy group coverage protection. But you most likely wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. And if you weren't so ignorant it should have dawned on you why in the hell should employers be burdened with providing health insurance to their employees, especially in this global economy. For Christ sakes its a remnant from WW2!!! And the idiotic system of healthcare delivery has been piled on and piled on for sixty GD years.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,928,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am hearing that even if you are unemployed you are still expect to get healthcare when you will already be living on a small amount of money from UC??

Please tell me this is not true because if it is Obama has to be the dumbest man who ever stepped foot in the white house.
Basically, today's government just wants your money, whether that comes in the form of fines or high taxes jettisoned away from people's paychecks. Whether one is employed or not, it won't matter; this stupid law is going to bankrupt everybody. This thing must be defunded by the House by September 30 if the American Dream, as we know it, is to stay alive.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 PM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Stop making excuses and get your state legislators and governor to do the right thing, or throw the bums out of office and get folks with a modicum of human compassion to lead. Don't think to hide behind the piggishness of those RWNJs who run those red states.

I guess you thought I was referring to you when I used the term RWNJ. I actually said, "RWNJs running red states" so unless you're a member of the "Death Panel" of GOP Governors your self-identification with the term was inopportune. Regardless, stooping to name-calling another poster is a great indicator of your own character and speaks for itself.

And people such as those that the OP referred to are human beings. Their life and health is more important in the big picture than a taxpayer being able to afford that third HDTV or yet-another trip to Florida. Selfishness is not a virtue, even when promoted by "RWNJs running red states". The moral deficiency of those who refuse to conscientiously acknowledge and abide by remediation of the gap that the OP pointed out is just a reflection of the truth and cancerous entitlement mentality afflicting our nation.
Leviticus 19:10: "Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God."

Mark 10:21-22: Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, "You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me."

Atharva Veda 3: 24-25: One may amass wealth with hundreds of hands but one should also distribute it with thousands of hands. If someone keeps all that he accumulates for himself and does not give it to others the hoarded wealth will eventually prove to be the cause of ruin.

Surat Al-Baqarah 2:177: Righteousness ... gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves.

Buddha: Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and loving heart.
It's amazing that every major religion, and ever major Atheist body of morality, recognizes and acknowledges what those RWNJs running red states fail to understand. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that their immorality, their self-centeredness, their callous disregard for those less fortunate is something worthy of your abiding or admiration. Don't let yourself become as abusively egoistic as those RWNJs running red states.

I don't think you'd be last on line to proclaim "Separation of Church and State!" in other circumstances.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
The best part is that the business coverage requirement has been "postponed". So now Obamacare will force individuals to buy insurance or be taxed. Sounds like a good deal for businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies