Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No one should be forced to get something they may not need at the time
"may"... A percentage of uninsured, unemployed individuals will need healthcare. And who bails their sick, uninsured ass out when we don't let them croak in the street as a result of their on poor planning? We do.

Saddle up and take responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"may"... A percentage of uninsured, unemployed individuals will need healthcare. And who bails their sick, uninsured ass out when we don't let them croak in the street as a result of their on poor planning? We do.

Saddle up and take responsibility.
Who is going to bail out the uninsured, that we will stll have well into the 2020 era?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Because accidents happen.

When you are dealing with small UC checks you make sure you are EXTRA CAREFUL

Old 08-08-2013, 11:55 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How? You are claiming that ONLY RED states are doing this? And you are calling me ridiculously nonsensial?

Do you really think just red states are doing this? Talk about self centered.

Greed is wanting to give others people money to others...such as you are doing.

Please provide what RED states are doing what you say? Don't give me some far left wing web site...
Greed is wanting something for which you did not earn. Greed is demanding something without giving something in return. buu post bible quotes that fit his wanting to force people who work and who are already giving a large percentage of the money they earn but bUU expects them to give more. Obama is trying to force you to give more, not to the poor but to the government (the political elites and rich).

People on the dole are getting money to live. Welfare is meant for survival not for a life of luxury. If you want a life of luxury figure a way to make the money to support it yourself.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who is going to bail out the uninsured, that we will stll have well into the 2020 era?
The rest of us, as per usual.

But at least there will be fewer, and at least those who wanted to get coverage but were deemed unworthy by insurance companies in the past will have a chance to get coverage.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
When you are dealing with small UC checks you make sure you are EXTRA CAREFUL
Yeah, cancerous cells will just drop it if you don't have money. As we all know, the low-income lifestyle is the healthiest there is.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, cancerous cells will just drop it if you don't have money. As we all know, the low-income lifestyle is the healthiest there is.

if you need money for food and rent you can't worry about that.

When I was unemployed this time last year do you think I wanted another expense added to the other things I already had to pay with SMALLER MONEY????

Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Greed is wanting something for which you did not earn.
Who in this thread is suggesting that they get something that they did not earn? Who? Who?

Quote:
Greed is demanding something without giving something in return.
Who in this thread is suggesting that they get something without giving something in return? Who? Who?

Stop putting up Straw Men.

We're talking about what national policy should be. I don't see anyone here suggesting that ACA or SNAP or TANF should be structured to benefit themselves. I'm outlining what's best for society, not what is best for myself.

Quote:
buu post bible quotes
I'm sorry if morality offends you, but you should go back and actually read what I wrote. If you think all I posted were Bible quotes then you clearly didn't read what you are replying to. If you're going to comment on what I've posted, then please be sure to read and understand what I've posted before you try to post a reply to it.

Quote:
that fit his wanting to force people who work and who are already giving a large percentage of the money they earn but bUU expects them to give more.
Expecting those who benefit greatly from what society offers to contribute greatly is actually simple logic: You cannot get blood from a stone. This is very basic stuff. I am not advocating any specific way of paying for the Medicaid expansions. Apply whatever approach you feel is fair, but the reality is what I wrote: The economic activity is there; entities are deriving wealth from society's economy. Don't claim there isn't enough money. If your state's leaders are too stupid to figure out how to pay for the Medicaid expansion without engaging in taxation that you find offensive, then blame them for their incompetence. My state's leaders don't have that problem... If your state leaders do have that problem, ask yourself why my state's leaders are so much better than the leaders of your state?

Old 08-08-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
if you need money for food and rent you can't worry about that.

When I was unemployed this time last year do you think I wanted another expense added to the other things I already had to pay with SMALLER MONEY????
Probably not. And so you gambled that if something bad were to happen, we'd pick up your tab. Under the ACA, your "smaller money" (I am now having a mental image of teeny-weeny little dollar bills) would qualify you for subsidies. Because it makes more sense to keep you insured than it does to have you show up at an ER suddenly.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Probably not. And so you gambled that if something bad were to happen, we'd pick up your tab. Under the ACA, your "smaller money" (I am now having a mental image of teeny-weeny little dollar bills) would qualify you for subsidies. Because it makes more sense to keep you insured than it does to have you show up at an ER suddenly.

You still don't understand do you? b b Eating is more important than a "Just in Case" bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies