Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I know better than to kill without the delusion of a god thingie.
If that's the only thing that stops you from murdering others, then I'm glad you have that delusion.

That same religion has killed millions.
It is religious.
What other people believe in this "rapture" thing?

Only the christian religious.
Period.
Rational people do not.

I did nothing to make it religious, it already was.

Your faith deserves no respect, and I have none for it.
The idiot who blew up his dog is religious, the rapture is a religious concept.
Nothing else to it.
Don't want others to use your religion as a reason to deride - then don't do hateful things in the name of your religion.
Does ANY faith deserve your respect?

I question why people who have no religion say and do hateful things just the same, especially when they make Christianity the target. When they do, it sounds like pure hatred spewing forth.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Does ANY faith deserve your respect?

I question why people who have no religion say and do hateful things just the same, especially when they make Christianity the target. When they do, it sounds like pure hatred spewing forth.
I have noticed the same things. And, yes, only when Christianity is the target. If this guy had lopped off the dogs head, with a sword, claiming it was "unclean..and Allah told me so" ...crickets. Or maybe, had explosives been used, our Islamic version might claim he was saving the dog by allowing him to die as a martyr? Again.....crickets from Cbristian haters, who claim disdain for ALL religion, but all religion just means Christians.

This is really a ....amazing...story. Nothing people do should shock us, these days, yet, still it happens.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have noticed the same things. And, yes, only when Christianity is the target. If this guy had lopped off the dogs head, with a sword, claiming it was "unclean..and Allah told me so" ...crickets. Or maybe, had explosives been used, our Islamic version might claim he was saving the dog by allowing him to die as a martyr? Again.....crickets from Cbristian haters, who claim disdain for ALL religion, but all religion just means Christians.

This is really a ....amazing...story. Nothing people do should shock us, these days, yet, still it happens.
Straight out lie.
All religions deserve derision and mockery.
Not just one kind, all.
It just so happens that the US if filled with the crazy christian kind.

What part of that don't you understand.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Straight out lie.
Not just one kind, all.

So, anyone who has faith whether they subscribe to a religion or not deserves to be mocked?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So, anyone who has faith whether they subscribe to a religion or not deserves to be mocked?
Anyone who believes in an invisible sky daddy deserves to be mocked.
Absolutely.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Anyone who believes in an invisible sky daddy deserves to be mocked.
Absolutely.

But I thought you guys were the party of tolerance? Don't lump us all in with the crazy fundamentalists out there! That is a pretty broad brush that you're painting with there.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Straight out lie.
Not just one kind, all.

HAHA!! You never disappoint. And it seems I struck a nerve. Lol. Methinks thou dost protesteth to much. As to my understanding of things, I think I'm doing fine, thanks.

Now, in this ...incident...we are discussing here, I fail to see the relevance of anything you have said. This is not a case of "A Christian blew up his dog!!!" Whether the clown claims to be a Christian or not, means nothing. Like I said earlier, this is a good psyche defense, with a smattering of 1st amendment tossed in. He's up on some serious charges here. The cops, especially Federal cops, and courts, take playing witb high explosives ratber seriously. This idiots only hope is an insanity plea. Bringing religion into it just puts the cherry on top.

In your blatant haste to get on your soap box, you are overlooking the fact that this case has NOTHING to do with Christianity. Sheesh, and here I sits, looking at this RATIONALLY, anx REALISTICALLY ( though this case is far from either) and I believe in the Sky Daddy, az you put it. Whoda thunk.....

If you could pull your throttles out of zone 5 afterburner, Christian hating, and examine things a bit closer, you might see that your stereotypes don't fit well, in the real world. That you could, seriously, look at this as an example of Christian belief, speaks volumes to the narrowness of your view. I waz under the impression, that liberal thought revolved around a broad spectrum view, and intellectual analysis of things. So, are you, seriously, analyzing this, this way? Thats an awful lot of effort for a junk, tabloid type, story. Lol, this piece is HARDLY a stable foundation for your expressed views on people of Faith. Its quite laughable, really. I stand in awe of the intellectual prowess I see displayed here. Lol.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
It's funny the OP mentions one religious loon blowing up his dog. He/she failed to mention our Christian loons who attempt to impose their beliefs on others. Then there are the radical Muslims who are intent in killing non-believers by blowing up innocent by-standers.

Tell me, who really has the devil in them?

Mark Twain - "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, I think it's pretty easy to go there when religious people do their dirty deeds in the name of God or was that in the name of the devil If this was a muslim we'd all probably be painting with a wide brush also. Although strapping bombs on things is a radical muslim trait.

It is pretty sick people would actually claim God told or God made me how the hell do these people think God would ask one to harm others. I'd bet the guy never even read his Bible let alone spoke with God. Strange how God gets blamed for all the devils deeds. People need to live and let live and stop acting like a god.
Abraham supposedly did it.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Religion is filled with (certainly not single) wacko loons.

See: //www.city-data.com/forum/31009850-post106.html

Bible Absurdities: Absurdities in the Bible
Ummm ....yea. Interesting. The Koran is full of inconsistencies as well. As are all religious texts. Pondering these and making sense of them is one of the mysteries that I find fascinating in studying the Bible. However, pondering something like how blowing up Rover is tied in to the Bible, my analytical ponderance can't fathom.

I guess you're just a deeper thinker than I am. Certain levels of my mind are closed off that are still accessible in your mind. I freely admit, the levels being plumbed here are quite beyond my ken. Though, reading through certain posters responses to poor Fidos demise, and the "religious" aspects of it are somewhat entertaining, in an odd sort of context, I remain baffled at the supposed link to Christianity here.

I fail to see the relevance of your diatribe, chiegirl, or how this proves your views to be justified, to the venomous level you take them. I mean...come on! This guy straps HE to Fido, pops it, the devil made him do it= religion is bad, and anyone who has beliefs is worthy of mockery alone? Whoaaaa there! Is tbat another ducking the punch I see coming? Lol.

Tbe silliness that pervades some peoples minds never disappoints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies