Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
That, or you could teach your kids some manners. I suppose the former is less costly than the latter.
You can't teach "manners" until a certain age, and even then it takes time to learn. People go out to eat, partly, because they do not want to clean up after the meal for whatever reason. That is part of the service food establishments provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 03:21 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That serves the public
she serves her customers. when this idiotic lady with the slob kids got messy, she said, "buh bye." see how that works? she controls her establishment. it's not a democracy.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
You can't teach "manners" until a certain age, and even then it takes time to learn. People go out to eat, partly, because they do not want to clean up after the meal for whatever reason. That is part of the service food establishments provide.
Are you seriously arguing the point that if you take you little kids out, and they make a rip roaring mess, its just the job of others to clean up?

SEROUSLY?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Are you seriously arguing the point that if you take you little kids out, and they make a rip roaring mess, its just the job of others to clean up?

SEROUSLY?
it's the liberal mindset. someone else is responsible for me. it transcends into other areas. pathetic.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL that's it some gdam crumbs on the floor? Don't they have a vacuum cleaner at that dump? Lord have mercy. Kids are kids. If somebody gets that bent out of shape about some crumbs on the floor they need to either cater to only adults who would never think of spilling anything or pipe down and do your job. Does this woman scream about having to wipe off the table for the next customer in line too?

Holy ****. KUchief and I agree. :faint:

Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Holy ****. KUchief and I agree. :faint:
Unless she's prepared to put a sign out front "minimum age of patrons is 21" I kinda think she was out of line. I've seen much worse than that left behind by a bunch of seniors on a road trip.

Mind you if that mother put half as much time into house breaking her kids as she obviously does into plucking her freak'n eyebrows this would not be a problem.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:29 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Unless she's prepared to put a sign out front "minimum age of patrons is 21" I kinda think she was out of line. I've seen much worse than that left behind by a bunch of seniors on a road trip.

Mind you if that mother put half as much time into house breaking her kids as she obviously does into plucking her freak'n eyebrows this would not be a problem.

KUchief thought she was out of line too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL that's it some gdam crumbs on the floor? Don't they have a vacuum cleaner at that dump? Lord have mercy. Kids are kids. If somebody gets that bent out of shape about some crumbs on the floor they need to either cater to only adults who would never think of spilling anything or pipe down and do your job. Does this woman scream about having to wipe off the table for the next customer in line too?

Old 08-08-2013, 03:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
but you can teach kids to behave in public, from a year old on. Or if they do not, you march them outside. simple as that. I can think of 2 times when I wanted to personal spank a couple of kids, or maybe the parents: once when a little guy about 18 months old decided screaming at the top of his lungs was acceptable and so did his parents. Obviously it was driving us crazy. we didn't say a word but we did them dirty looks. Our 10 month old granddaughter was sitting there being a good baby. As they left the father or maybe grandfather came over to us and said; just wait til he (not she is older) he will do the same thing. All kids like to scream!!!! the other time I was having lunch with an old friend I only got to see a couple of times a year. A couple of young mommies with 3 toddlers and a baby were sitting next to us. The kids were allowed to get up, throw food and run all over. Never did mommy's even try to quiet them down. We did ask the waiter if there was another place we could sit? His response, sure we can put you at the bar...We choose to stay where we are and luckily the 2 moms left, shortly there after.

Kids should learn at a very young age how to behave. If they can't then mommy and daddy should leave them at home and in no way should it be the job of any restaurant to clean up after your kids or anyone else, other than normal spills and drops we all do. Remind me not to sit next to you next time we go out to eat.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
I'm going to have to side with the mother on this one. I expected to see a hellified mess and all I saw in the pics were some crumbs, which could be easily vacuumed, on the floor. then to find out they were eating scones. c'mon. this business owner sounds like a mental case. I'm always wary of businesses that talk about "the right to refuse service".

being a military wife myself with young children, I know how some of these women can be when it comes to supervising and controlling their children, but I can't see how this woman could have done anything different. give a 1 year old and a 3 year old scones, they're going to make crumbs.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

SEROUSLY?
And these are the people who think they don't need to tip the waiter who has to clean up after their children because they think they are PAYING the waiter's salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies