Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If you work in a restaurant it is part of your job to clean up food from the customers. And if this is the attitude that people who work in such establishments have then maybe it's time I stop tipping altogether.
It is their job to provide certain services. To everyone above the rank of moron, it is obvious that there is a certain point after which it should not be expected.

I have had it with low-class trash who believes they are entitled to be slobs in places of business because those peon workers should be cleaning up after said low-class trash. Oh God, I mean some of us have had it...HAD IT...with trashy people who think they can treat retail and restaurant workers like garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,241,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I, for one, am tired of parents who assume all of society is supposed to tolerate whatever behavior their kids engage in, along with those that think everyone else should fulfill their parental obligations, like cleaning up after their kids mess.

It should be noted that this woman's name was not written on the Facebook page. No one would have known it was her if she hadn't of identified herself.

Allow me to add, since I am one, being a military mom does not excuse poor behavior by your kids or your lack of control of your kids. I get sick of this being used like some "get out of jail free" card. If it is wrong for Little Tommy, the civilian parent's child, then it is wrong for Little Bobby, the military parent's child.
Who cares if the woman's brats were the spawn of a Gulf War Veteran. I concur with your "free-pass" statement. If anything, it would be plausible to expect better behavior from such children.

As per the article:

Quote:
"Others are rooting for Poore, a military mom who says she has no choice but to bring her kids everywhere she goes."
All the more reason to instill a sense of respect in the brats. Back in the day, the military kids I grew up with and went to school with were highly disciplined and respectful. Nowadays, it appears the endemic sense of Liberal entitlement has polluted military folks too.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'm dealing with a room full of witnits.

The issue, my dear, is not the accidental mess, it's the issue of cleaning it up and/or adding to it. Mull that over for a day or two and then get back to me.
Its the new way. Don't control your children, the kids don't like it if you do.
Don't make the attempt to clean up after your children that's what that $2.00 tip covers.
Kids will have accidents. Their fine motor skills are still developing. The parent should make the effort to tidy up a little at the very least. Worse still the parents who allow their kids to run wild.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
I'm dealing with a room full of witnits.

The issue, my dear, is not the accidental mess, it's the issue of cleaning it up and/or adding to it. Mull that over for a day or two and then get back to me.
Restaurants hire people who clean up the dining room. They are called bussers, or bus boys. That is part of their job description that I posted earlier. I guess you missed that post. Everybody isn't like you. We don't all go out to eat and then vacuum the floor around the table and do our dishes and wipe down the table after we're done.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM

And now we have the obligatory special ed. parents weighing in - "My child already can't go anyplace!!! You want them locked in the basement on a chain!!!"

Hysterical, emotionally-driven, irrational...

Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
It is their job to provide certain services. To everyone above the rank of moron, it is obvious that there is a certain point after which it should not be expected.

I have had it with low-class trash who believes they are entitled to be slobs in places of business because those peon workers should be cleaning up after said low-class trash. Oh God, I mean some of us have had it...HAD IT...with trashy people who think they can treat retail and restaurant workers like garbage.
Yes and if you work in a food establishment your job is to clean the floor when I leave.

Maybe some people have had it with other people not wanting to do their jobs. If you don't want to clean floors then don't work in a restaurant, not really rocket science. And if you don't like dealing with people then quit your job in retail or food service and be a garbage man.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Restaurants hire people who clean up the dining room. They are called bussers, or bus boys. That is part of their job description that I posted earlier. I guess you missed that post. Everybody isn't like you. We don't all go out to eat and then vacuum the floor around the table and do our dishes and wipe down the table after we're done.
Correct. There is a point, and everyone who isn't low-class trash understands this, after which an employee can reasonably argue that the low-class trash should shoulder responsibility for cleaning up the egregious mess they left. A great example would be when low-class trash leaves a dirty diaper in the changing room at Target. That is not the responsibility of the Target clean team employee, that is the responsibility of the degenerate parent who left it there.

Unless, of course, the kid is autistic.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,241,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
People like you make me thankful that we have restaurant choices where children are unwelcome, and people of your ilk don't usually find the venues comfortable.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
And now we have the obligatory special ed. parents weighing in - "My child already can't go anyplace!!! You want them locked in the basement on a chain!!!"

Hysterical, emotionally-driven, irrational...
ROFL as the parent of a disabled child I hear this complaint a lot among some of my peers. It of course is untrue. I take my child everywhere. Well she isn't a child anymore, but to me she will always be my little one.
The people I know who say this make little effort to instill any real discipline in their child.
I have a friend his son is ADHD. Going out with them was a lesson in humiliation. Billy would get up and go sit at someone else's table and help himself.
"You know Billy if he thinks it then he has to do it." If I had a dollar for how many times I heard that excuse.
No consequences, no corrective action.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ROFL as the parent of a disabled child I hear this complaint a lot among some of my peers. It of course is untrue. I take my child everywhere. Well she isn't a child anymore, but to me she will always be my little one.
The people I know who say this make little effort to instill any real discipline in their child.
I have a friend his son is ADHD. Going out with them was a lesson in humiliation. Billy would get up and go sit at someone else's table and help himself.
"You know Billy if he thinks it then he has to do it." If I had a dollar for how many times I heard that excuse.
No consequences, no corrective action.
That's it, right there, the lack of limits. Some of them are incompetent and then there are the others who just refuse to set limits and it becomes the world's problem.

And they're doing such favors for their kids down the line, aren't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies