Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:49 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times

Advertisements

I support the intent, but she may have overreacted on putting that family on blast. I was expecting overturned chairs, ketchup smears, maybe a fiery pinata. All I see are crumbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 12:49 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
She has a café, as in a coffee shop with pastries. I imagine most of her customers are there to do the chill out thing. A screaming kid will drive out her base customers. If I lived in the area I would patronize her just because I get sick and tired of parents with loud or misbehaving kids thinking their precious child has every right to disturb my dining experience.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:13 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I support the intent, but she may have overreacted on putting that family on blast. I was expecting overturned chairs, ketchup smears, maybe a fiery pinata. All I see are crumbs.
per the article, the store owner did not name any names. She took a picture of an empty table.

the offender outted herself.

Now I am fine with people suggesting that a shop owner ought to have thicker skin if she wants to own a business....

having said that, my wife and I have been out with our small children and if they make a mess we cleaned it up. Even when the wait staff would have done it, we just didnt think it was right to walk off and leave our mess behind.

regardless, playing the "military mom" card is out of hand if you ask me.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What does her being a military mother have to do with her kids being pigs? If they don't know how to behave in a restaurant/coffee shop, get your coffee to go.
I don't want to hear a single one of you right-wingers on here complaining about her using that as a crutch. Your fetishization of the military is what enables this excuse-making. It's even gotten to the point that I'm apparently supposed to be extra-outraged when a victim of something happens to be a vet versus a non-vet.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I've heard nobody say what you are referring to. Perhaps if you read the thread you would already know that though.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sounds like she was more mad the 3yo was throwing a fit. Ya know something little kids sometimes do. If you own a business and the only way you can deal with it is by throwing the folks out and posting some snarky facebook comments then maybe like you say she shouldn't be serving the public. I bet if one of her employees did what she did they would be fired.
Ah, the eternal cry of incompetent parents: "Sometimes kids are just going to go crazy. There's nothing you can do about it."

Do what my parents did and what every responsible parent does, take your kid out of the business when they are being obnoxious brats and leave the rest of us alone.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She has a café, as in a coffee shop with pastries. I imagine most of her customers are there to do the chill out thing. A screaming kid will drive out her base customers. If I lived in the area I would patronize her just because I get sick and tired of parents with loud or misbehaving kids thinking their precious child has every right to disturb my dining experience.
So you think parents believe their child has a right to disturb you? Well most don't and the ones who do sit there and let their little tyrants run around nobody appreciates. You have the right to walk away if a child misbehaves too. See how that works? Sorry but kids are kids and act up sometimes. The world doesn't work how we want it to all the time. If you see a restaurant or cafe and any evidence of children in the vicinity there is nothing forcing you to go in. Maybe the state should take away all children who act up in public so as not to inconvenience you?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I've heard nobody say what you are referring to. Perhaps if you read the thread you would already know that though.
I read the thread, Chiefy. I'm referring to the imbeciles on here with their daily "cops abused a vet" threads and all the other threads that treat soldiers as some special class of people who deserve more respect or leeway than the rest of us. They're the morons who create this environment where you could actually have some dumb broad trying to use the fact that her husband is a soldier as a reason for being an obnoxious pig with her little piglets.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, the eternal cry of incompetent parents: "Sometimes kids are just going to go crazy. There's nothing you can do about it."

Do what my parents did and what every responsible parent does, take your kid out of the business when they are being obnoxious brats and leave the rest of us alone.
Or you can take yourself away and go where there are only adults who cry about a kids spilling some crumbs on the floor. Nobody is forcing you to eat there. I wonder how you folks even survive in this world where kids are everywhere you look. lol

Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I read the thread, Chiefy. I'm referring to the imbeciles on here with their daily "cops abused a vet" threads and all the other threads that treat soldiers as some special class of people who deserve more respect or leeway than the rest of us. They're the morons who create this environment where you could actually have some dumb broad trying to use the fact that her husband is a soldier as a reason for being an obnoxious pig with her little piglets.
The take it up with them on the "cops abused a vet" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies