Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 11:59 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
What I saw in the photo was all the crumbs UNDER the table, and yes, I do actually wipe my own table and arrange our plates and utensils so it is easy for the busboy.
I actually do as well. But to be polite, not out of societal reasons. When you go out to eat and pay for the meal you are also paying for services, ie. cleaning up after you.

I am not saying that you go in and tear up the place but people shouldn't feel obligated to have to do so. I may while others may not but I am not going to judge them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 12:01 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Ok, a 1 & 3 year old eating had some crumbs hit the "carpet" and that constitutes misbehaving? No, it's hatred of children, nothing more.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
If you read this then you would have seen "couple of moms came in with their kids".
So 2 moms went to lunch with their kids.
My take is that as long as there was no blood drawn they totally ignored the kids and did their "chit chat girls at lunch" thing totally oblivious to what their kids were doing.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I agree with you, but I would insist, before I left, to ask for one of those crumb sweepers and clean up the mess myself, or clean the high chair...b/c there is someone else coming in behind me, going to need that high chair, and I don't think the waitress should have to clean up a huge mess that my kid made? But that is just the way I was taught....
Funny I did that very thing after one of my little ones did his thing with some saltines and the wait staff said not to worry they would take care of it. According to the "experts" in this thread that makes me some irresponsible parent who thinks the wait staff and bussers are the lowest form of life on earth.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and I am so glad...we took our mom out to dinner, one evening, for her 90th. There was a family sitting near us, who were so loud, she could not hear what we were saying. We should have complained to the hostess, but she didn't want us to cause a fuss. However, now I wish I would have...so many people forget how to be polite and how not to invade the space of others...which also speaks volumns about their upbringing.

I'm so glad I was strict with my son, military strict actually, he turned out to be such a nice person, and his daughter is the same, very proud of they're parenting.

I remember waitressing and marveling at the behavior of some kids, how polite they were, quiet and thankful. Thinking, that is the way I'm going to teach my children. And I complimented the parents, feeling they should be proud, they were doing good by they're children for when they grew up, those kids would also carry on the discipline.

Nothing worse then a bratty screaming kid.
Have you ever seen seniors make a mess at a restraunt? I sure have. Best ban them too. Sometimes they fart out loud even. How dare they interrupt everybody's dining experience.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
By not complaining and not asking to be moved you are condoning it.
If the mgmt doesn't become aware that this bothers people they will do nothing about it.
You can get some free dessert too.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:18 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL that's it some gdam crumbs on the floor? Don't they have a vacuum cleaner at that dump? Lord have mercy. Kids are kids. If somebody gets that bent out of shape about some crumbs on the floor they need to either cater to only adults who would never think of spilling anything or pipe down and do your job. Does this woman scream about having to wipe off the table for the next customer in line too?
Seriously! Crumbs on the floor? I was expecting a real mess. The owner has no clue.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Having that family dine there that night cost that restaurant a lot of money. Personally, I wish restaurants would start taking parents to small claims court to re-coop their losses when that happens.
I'm sure that would be great for business. lol

Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The picture is low-res so it's hard to see the extent of the mess. However, it's obvious that it is a carpeted floor and it can be a bear getting crumbs out of a highly-textured carpet.

Also, they were eating scones, not saltines. Saltine crumbs do not tend to stain. Scones, being full of butter, will leave oily stains. If they have berries in them, those stain too.
An adult could have easily dropped the same amount of crumbs while eating a scone. It's not like it was a whole pastry smooshed into the carpet.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
If the restaurant has a sign posted saying "Kids eat free". That's all I need to know . I don't even slow down.
You aren't just a southern man but a wise man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies