Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

My dad has a saying "that feller was improperly motivated as a child"

I was raised to pick up after myself. When I had kids, I just naturally extended that to my kids. In public when they were too small to pick up after themselves, I took care of that too....

My dad has another saying "Remember your raising"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no it isn't. I'm sorry to say, most people in here love children and are extremely responsible parents...you say that in defense, b/c obviously, your defensive of your parenting.

I was a sunday school teacher, head of youth group, and our home was the home that all the kids came to and hung out at....I was strict....but they knew without saying that I cared deeply for them all.

Sorry, but your post is way off base.
My daughter turns 22 years old this month and is studying software engineering at college.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I, for one, am tired of parents who assume all of society is supposed to tolerate whatever behavior their kids engage in, along with those that think everyone else should fulfill their parental obligations, like cleaning up after their kids mess.

It should be noted that this woman's name was not written on the Facebook page. No one would have known it was her if she hadn't of identified herself.

Allow me to add, since I am one, being a military mom does not excuse poor behavior by your kids or your lack of control of your kids. I get sick of this being used like some "get out of jail free" card. If it is wrong for Little Tommy, the civilian parent's child, then it is wrong for Little Bobby, the military parent's child.
I'm sorry does serving in the military immune one and their family from civil behavior?

Old 08-09-2013, 04:59 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It is not being selfish, you are paying for their service. No one is talking about allowing kids to "run wild" we are talking about how ridiculous it is for a food establishment owner to post pictures of crumbs on the floor left by children like it some kind of crime against humanity.
So if you hire a plumber to fix your clogged drain, is it acceptable to disparage him the entire time he's working on your drain, for no reason --- just because you "paid for it?"

Customers like you are why there are restaurants where your ilk don't fit in. Usually moderate to higher prices keep people like you out; a good way to filter out the trash.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calix View Post
No I don't think that's true. I think you are highly intolerant, with just a more socially acceptable form of bigotry. You make assumptions that anyone who takes umbridge with the your viewpoint automatically "loves" rotten rude behavior. Your self righteous smugness is just as rude as any screaming child.

Furthermore, one day, when you are inconvenient, one of these children you have such contempt for may be your caregiver who hopefully will extend to you more grace, when you are smelly, messy, and complaining about your soiled diaper.

Such smugness, self righteousness and bigotry, it is so emblematic of this age, and no different than those "messy's" who I see are contemptuously dismissed and sneered at. Oh the irony of your hypocrisy!
Your whole post says a lot about your character or lack of one. Because we have a disagreement about whether or not parents should be responsible for their children's actions and someone doesn't agree with your point of view, you immediately assume the person is intolerant and bigoted.

Crème is by no means smug or professing to be any better than anyone else but was raised with certain principals and morals that are clearly disappearing in today's society because so many feel no responsibility for their actions and will do no more than what is expected of them.

I've worked in the food industry and was appreciative of those who would throw their garbage away rather than leave it for me on the table - such a little thing but was greatly appreciated when it was busy. I've also been a medical professional for the past 35 years - it's not my job to take patients to the bathroom and tend to them - but if the aids are busy - it isn't beneath me either as I hope I receive the same compassion and treatment when I'm older.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:23 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
So if you hire a plumber to fix your clogged drain, is it acceptable to disparage him the entire time he's working on your drain, for no reason --- just because you "paid for it?"

Customers like you are why there are restaurants where your ilk don't fit in. Usually moderate to higher prices keep people like you out; a good way to filter out the trash.
Um... no. Why would I disparage a plumber for no reason? That is not part of his job. Part of the job of a service crew in a food establishment is to clean up after guests -which includes children. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:24 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Um... no. Why would I disparage a plumber for no reason? That is not part of his job. Part of the job of a service crew in a food establishment is to clean up after guests -which includes children. It really isn't that hard to understand.
I suppose critical thinking is a challenge. Making a mess all over a restaurant floor is disrespectful, and disparaging.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
With the amount of food and crumbs on the floor I doubt if the kid ate any thing. It is all on the floor.

They work hard enough in a restaurant .. they don't need to clean up after kids that throw their food around like that.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:31 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
doesn't matter, bad behavior is bad behavior and tinman is absolutely right!!!!!!!
and the crumbs on the floor are just the beginning, of how that child is left to do anything it wants....teaching a child manners, and respect for the property of others goes a long way.

Tinman, consistency is absolutely correct! When I was pregnant, I read a book which said, "if your child isn't under control by the time it's five, it never will be." So I started early with consistancy...
and glad I did, b/c I was very proud of my son, he was taught manners, to be polite, to not bud in when people are talking, and above all, when we were in a public place, he had to whisper and sit still in a chair with a book, which I read to him. My grand-daughter is the very same way, and I'm very happy, that I taught him at an early age. He would ask if he could be excused when he was done eating, take his dishes over to the sink, rinse them out and put them in the dishwasher. Nothing wrong with consistancy!!!!!

Again, I call bull****.

My children dropped crumbs when they were small. Now being older, they are consistently praised at church, school and in the community for their manners and kindness. Even though they were crumb dropping little heathens as babies/toddlers.

Small children have terrible hand eye coordination. It takes practice to get food from the hand to the mouth. We've all experienced it. It is part of human development.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
I suppose critical thinking is a challenge. Making a mess all over a restaurant floor is disrespectful, and disparaging.
Talk about an analogical leap of faith. Crumbs dropped by a child on the floor are not disrespectful or disparaging to people who are employed to clean up after customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies