Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 02:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Interesting ? Totally over the wall is how I'd term it.
Had to read some of those replies twice to make sure I understood them correctly.
Talk about passionate. If people like that ever get into positions of power and authority then we all better head for the hills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 03:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Yeah I had to stop at this guy.............children should have these rights...

* The right to vote
* The right to work
* The right to own property
* The right to travel
* The right to choose one’s guardian
* The right to a guaranteed income
* The right to legal and financial responsibility
* The right to control one’s learning
* The right to use drugs
* The right to drive
* The right to control one’s sex life.”

Talk about chaos.........look out.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well apparently folks on this thread think all children are evil and are fine with banning them all from any restaraunt they decide to venture into. Even the ones who weren't raised by the "trash" parents who don't pay attention to them and let them "run wild" and destroy everythign in their wake. There are plenty who behave and have manners, more than those who don't, but that doesn't matter I guess. These children and their children will be paying for all the debt that has been accrued by this generation who is so caught up with not being bothered by them
Classic Red Herring fallacy.

About the only thing I see this fallacy has in common with the topic is Obama, the shyster voted in by irresponsible and jejune Left Wingers, Liberals, and Democrats; Obama -- the poster child of irresponsibility, enablement, unaccountability, and immorality.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:06 PM

No fallacy there. By the time QE XX rolls out of the fed you can add these children's grandchildren to the mix.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 PM

246 posts, read 421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. You must draw messy people like a magnet.

Do you see this repeatedly? Because in my decades-long career of been a restaurant patron I've not experienced the excitement of watching a child allowed to intentionally pour his drink onto the floor.

I'd definitely remember that family.

Do these families ask for free re-fills?
DewDropInn, loved the post. I know, I don't see these unruly types almost ever.

I enjoyed a nice lunch today with friends, and in this busy restaurant there were at least a dozen families. And you what, I saw none of the unruly behavior harped on by the self righteous narcissists on this board. Nope, just people, enjoying their food, living life.

Funny thing, I rarely see unruly behavior when I eat out, I asked my friends, they don't either. However, neither my friends nor myself are looking for offense around every corner. I've noticed grievance hunters are usually self absorbed narcissists with zero empathy who fly into rages at any slight, any inconvenience in life, a sad sight to behold. They get off and feel better about themselves by putting down those they think are beneath them. Epithets roll off their tongue with ease. Bigotry is casual to them. They feel better about themselves calling people "trash" demeaning children, judging those around them and love patting themselves on the back for how much better they are. Their posts on this thread are a testament to that point over and over again.

Like attracts like, and children are an amazing reflection of those around them. Perhaps why some of us rarely experience this "ghoulish" behavior, is because we don't elicit it in others. Since we are kind, empathetic and generous, we get back what we give, and in turn have a very different life experience.

The grievance hunters who see ghoulish behavior in every restaurant they sit in, probably just draw out the grim realities of their own heart.

Last edited by Calix; 08-10-2013 at 04:28 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
No fallacy there. By the time QE XX rolls out of the fed you can add these children's grandchildren to the mix.
And you can thank Obama's out of control spending, and Bernanke's shady Qualitative Easing for that.

Obama's supposed "success" at turning the housing market around? Nope. $85B per month of artificial Quantitative Easing.

But I digressed, and am back on topic.

Your example was indeed a Red Herring fallacy.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm not thanking anybody just pointing out the very children that are despised will be paying for this generations fiscal irresponsibility. You scream about irresponsible behavior by these children when dropping crumbs on a floor of a restaraunt and excuse the fiscal irresponsibility adults are unleashing upon these same children.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not thanking anybody just pointing out the very children that are despised will be paying for this generations fiscal irresponsibility. You scream about irresponsible behavior by these children when dropping crumbs on a floor of a restaraunt and excuse the fiscal irresponsibility adults are unleashing upon these same children.
Another fallacious statement.

Never once did I excuse any fiscal irresponsibility of the culpable adults who have engineered the current fiscal mess this nation faces. Not in this post; not in any posts.

You're trying to hijack this thread and change the subject.

Nice try, but I'm not game for it.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM

I'm not hijacking anything. Irresponsibility is the topic at hand from parents and the adults here who think they are the authority on it. I am pointing out the ones who are the authorities here are much more irresponsible than these children and the children are the ones who will have to pay for it all in the long run. You see children are children and are irresponsible. What is your excuse for the adults in the room? You complain about being annoyed as your cost to the children's behavior. They will be living in huts and eating dirt thanks to the irresponsible adults in the room.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You seem to be stuck on crumbs.
That is what was on the floor!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies