Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

The Second Amendment Foundation has secured a leaked document which we are dubbing, “The Democrat’s Gun Control Playbook.”
The 70+ page document has instructions on how anti-gun groups and politicians can divide pro-gun supporters, fight the NRA, and even how to capitalize on national shooting tragedies in order to further an agenda of more gun control.

Leaked Democrat Document Instructs Anti-Gunners to Use National Tragedies as Opportunities to Pass Gun Control

Now I know where all the anti gun talking heads on this forum and in the MSM have been getting their talking points. Using tragedies like Newtown to further push an agenda is shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
No document was ever needed to confirm the obvious.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The Second Amendment Foundation has secured a leaked document which we are dubbing, “The Democrat’s Gun Control Playbook.”
The 70+ page document has instructions on how anti-gun groups and politicians can divide pro-gun supporters, fight the NRA, and even how to capitalize on national shooting tragedies in order to further an agenda of more gun control.

Leaked Democrat Document Instructs Anti-Gunners to Use National Tragedies as Opportunities to Pass Gun Control

Now I know where all the anti gun talking heads on this forum and in the MSM have been getting their talking points. Using tragedies like Newtown to further push an agenda is shameful.
Where it came from: Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research | Premier research and strategic consulting firm - Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research | Premier research and strategic consulting firm

Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
No document was ever needed to confirm the obvious.

No kidding.
Call it blatantly obvious.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Who cares?

I've told you guys a million times that the US Senate and it's rural composition is what protects gun rights.

Didn't you guys notice the dems blustering and flustering about gun legislation and then quietly let it die because it would probably cost them the Senate in 2014?

All the gun stuff after Newton was grandstanding and posturing....just like "take those profits" Hillary and the dog and pony hearings about big oil in 2008.

I'm not picking on the dems, the reps have their pointless fundraising, base-rallying issues too like abortion etc.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
no kidding?

Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
This is a leaked Democrat Document? It looks more like a paper done by an independent organization on how to best go against gun advocates but not from the desk of a specifically elected Democratic official.

Now if you are saying that the authors are Democrats then that's a different story (that would require proof) but again who cares?

I am willing to bet that the NRA and pro gun groups have their own playbooks as well. This could be up for non-issue post of the week. Who cares?

Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
This is a leaked Democrat Document? It looks more like a paper done by an independent organization on how to best go against gun advocates but not from the desk of a specifically elected Democratic official.

Now if you are saying that the authors are Democrats then that's a different story (that would require proof) but again who cares?

I am willing to bet that the NRA and pro gun groups have their own playbooks as well. This could be up for non-issue post of the week. Who cares?
Don't you just hate it when your side's tactics get exposed?

Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
It would be common sense to do that. What is worthy of discussion about this document is that someone was probably paid a very pretty penny to put the obvious in print.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:32 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Don't you just hate it when your side's tactics get exposed?
My side?

Actually what I hate are people with no reading comprehension skills assuming that someone is one thing or another. All I said was that this is not a leaked Democratic document but a playbook done by a third party. The NRA has one too as do all lobbying groups. Nothing new here.

I think people should have the right to have guns. I have never said or felt any other way. Good try though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies