Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Don't go there. What part of "we get it"... don't you get? I said, we get it.

H

P.S. experiments have been done, parental instruction is useless, kids will do what they will because they are kids, the onus is on adults to show restraint, and mostly they can/do, when the target in the crosshairs you know, I think I'll stop here because I won't convince you of anything

CRIMINAL kids with something to hide will ignore parental or police instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 09:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They are until a jury says otherwise. You cannot question the badge. It represents the state. If the officer does something unlawful, there are civil courts to remedy that.

Stop when ordered. Shut up. Produce identification. These will keep your kids from dying.
Exactly. No, the kid didn't deserve to die, and no, the officers didn't intend that he die.

I'm guessing that the kid had something going on with his heart. Tasers are usually non-lethal. Note, I said "usually".

Old 08-09-2013, 09:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
OK. But the evidence presented so far doesn't suggest any wrong doing on their part.
I would agree that without more to this story that one couldn't blame the police at this point.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They are until a jury says otherwise. You cannot question the badge. It represents the state. If the officer does something unlawful, there are civil courts to remedy that.

Stop when ordered. Shut up. Produce identification. These will keep your kids from dying.
People tell the police all the time "no" and the police know they have no legal standing to require what they are asking.

They know that they can say they are coming in your house but if you say "no, not without a warrant" they are going to stay out of your house.

More and more they are realizing that they can not demand that you quit filming them.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
OMG! This was a 15 year old 5'6", 150 lb kid. He was seen spray painting boarded up windows on a closed McDonalds.
Again, why do people do this?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
From the article:

"They're all congratulating each other and all that," Souza said. "They were all clapping over his body and like giving high fives and laughing."

And since when is a vacant Mcdonalds public property?
That would be private property and not owned by the vandal.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
OMG! This was a 15 year old 5'6", 150 lb kid. He was seen spray painting boarded up windows on a closed McDonalds. For this, a squadron of Miami Beach cops chased him for 10 minutes, cornered him, and then tasered him in the chest, which obviously disrupted an important muscle - his heart. The cops then proceeded to laugh and congratulate each other on capturing this dangerous criminal - until one of the kid's friends pointed out that he was not moving. Miami Beach cop put on leave after death of Tasered teen - Miami Beach - MiamiHerald.com

He was a small, 15 year old kid who posed no danger to anyone and was not "vandalizing" anything important -or anything that could not be immediately fixed by tearing down a plywood board. I hope these police officers find their collective asses in a sling as they wait to be fired.
So your suggestion is what? That when police come upon someone breaking the law, damaging someone else's private property, they ask nicely for that person to come with them to answer for their actions, but if that criminal decides not to go nicely, but runs off, the police should just let them go?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:27 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
All the people here trying to justify the teen getting tazed to death instead of a ticket or community service should also be tazed and then sentenced to life in Florida: The hate state.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Police officers aren't always right.
Agreed. That said obey the directions of the officer and let the lawyers sort it out. People win lawsuits against the police pretty damned often.
Challenge the cops direction and suffer for it. Your family winning a lawsuit after the police give you a brain damaging beatdown is ok I guess, but I would rather not suffer from brain damage or be shot. I would also prefer not testing my body's resistance to a taser.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
OMG! This was a 15 year old 5'6", 150 lb kid. He was seen spray painting boarded up windows on a closed McDonalds. For this, a squadron of Miami Beach cops chased him for 10 minutes, cornered him, and then tasered him in the chest, which obviously disrupted an important muscle - his heart. The cops then proceeded to laugh and congratulate each other on capturing this dangerous criminal - until one of the kid's friends pointed out that he was not moving. Miami Beach cop put on leave after death of Tasered teen - Miami Beach - MiamiHerald.com

He was a small, 15 year old kid who posed no danger to anyone and was not "vandalizing" anything important -or anything that could not be immediately fixed by tearing down a plywood board. I hope these police officers find their collective asses in a sling as they wait to be fired.
Reread the article, he was 18 thus an adult. He knew he was doing something illegal because he had a lookout. No one saw what happened to make the officers use a tazer on him. His lookout claimed the officers where congratulating themselves but has no proof even though he had a camera phone on him. There are always 2 sides to every story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies