Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:00 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
According to your own source, sea ice extent was about 50% of the mean. It says nothing about the North Pole. Another page on that site does, and it does not exactly support your claims. What made you think your reference painted your argument in a flattering light?
wait, what?

I thought you didnt care about my thoughts? now you are asking me questions?

skitzo much?

I made a bonafide attempt to do what you asked. provide links to actual science. you ignored it. then you offered insults.

im pretty much not going to engage with someone on an actualy discussion of the issues level who is so blatantly insulting and so clearly incapable of actual discourse.

you are a warmist. you believe the warmists freakout machine. good for you.

move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Default Bottom line

Global warming is a farce, perpetrated to try and place further controls on the free citizens of this country and the world. Climate change is a natural phenomena. The earth actually goes through cycles, of warming and cooling. If I remember correctly it's something like a 30 year cycle. For 30 years we warm, then for 30 years we cool. This has been going on for millenia upon millenia. It's just a part of the natural order of things on this planet. If you are one of those that has actually bought into this global warming hysteria, I'm sorry to inform you that you have been had. Global warming in the sense that it's been presented to you is fiction. It happens, but it's really quite normal. And in case people haven't been paying attention, we've actually been experiencing a cooling trend for quite some time now It's time to put this one to rest and find something else for Al Gore to talk about. Because apparently for that guy, this post would be a most inconvenient truth

Old 08-12-2013, 01:16 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Global warming is a farce, perpetrated to try and place further controls on the free citizens of this country and the world. Climate change is a natural phenomena. The earth actually goes through cycles, of warming and cooling. If I remember correctly it's something like a 30 year cycle. For 30 years we warm, then for 30 years we cool. This has been going on for millenia upon millenia. It's just a part of the natural order of things on this planet. If you are one of those that has actually bought into this global warming hysteria, I'm sorry to inform you that you have been had. Global warming in the sense that it's been presented to you is fiction. It happens, but it's really quite normal. And in case people haven't been paying attention, we've actually been experiencing a cooling trend for quite some time now It's time to put this one to rest and find something else for Al Gore to talk about. Because apparently for that guy, this post would be a most inconvenient truth
well lets be fair. The earth has warmed somewhere between 0.4C and 0.7C in the last 100 years. It is also clear that half of that warming has occured during the period 1979 to 1998ish... and we know that physics requires certain warming associated with the increase in CO2 levels that have grown over that same period. Investigation of methods for hydroclimatic data homogenization

It is entirely reasonable to consider some portion of the 0.2C to 0.35C came from increased CO2.

The question becomes how does that level of warming cause drastic catristrophic results? The Warmist Freakout Machine says it does.

Skeptics say "prove it".

insults abound...

Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
I'm think the planet is gradually warming but I think it's due to natural causes.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:03 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, that's you guys. You make a claim
Were you about to identify what claim I made?

(yawn)

People have been waiting a VERY long time for the Global-Whatever advocates to produce proof that man is having an effect on the climate.

So far, zip.

Sometimes they come up with huge document dumps, but those never have any proof. Just pointers to other documents, that have pointers to yet more documents, ad infinitum. Never any actual proof.

Funny thing is, the Manmade-GW pushers remain absolutely convinced that man is having some effect on climate. The complete absence of proof, even after decades of opportunities to come up with it, doesn't seem to bother them.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
In other news, the sun causes sunburn

What are your thoughts?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Were you about to identify what claim I made?

(yawn)

People have been waiting a VERY long time for the Global-Whatever advocates to produce proof that man is having an effect on the climate.

So far, zip.

Sometimes they come up with huge document dumps, but those never have any proof. Just pointers to other documents, that have pointers to yet more documents, ad infinitum. Never any actual proof.

Funny thing is, the Manmade-GW pushers remain absolutely convinced that man is having some effect on climate. The complete absence of proof, even after decades of opportunities to come up with it, doesn't seem to bother them.

Those damn documents, with all their science, as sources

I only believe it if my thermometer reports it

and these "documents" that smoking causes cancer, similar bs. Those science people are sure stupid with their documents. .thinking we will believe lots of words on a page.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:24 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Those damn documents, with all their science, as sources

I only believe it if my thermometer reports it

and these "documents" that smoking causes cancer, similar bs. Those science people are sure stupid with their documents. .thinking we will believe lots of words on a page.
Lmao!

With cancer and cigarettes, there is direct cause and effect.

Your climate "scientists" (*) can't connect ANY dots let alone prove cause and effect.

Hell....they've admitted they can't come up with a reason global temps have been level for two decades. And they were busted with their own emails perpetrating fraud.

* "scientists" because NO scientist can call themselves that when they claim anything is settled science. There is no such thing as settled science.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-12-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Lmao!

With cancer and cigarettes, there is direct cause and effect.

Your climate "scientists" (*) can't connect ANY dots let alone prove cause and effect.

Hell....they've admitted they can't come up with a reason global temps have been level for two decades. And they were busted with their own emails perpetrating fraud.

* "scientists" because NO scientist can call themselves that when they claim anything is settled science. There is no such thing as settled science.

Posted with TapaTalk

yeah, the "cause and effect" of smoking is similar . ..and there are still people who disagree and point to individual or anecdotal evidence to support the claims. It is an audience basic misunderstanding of what science is, how it works, and the direction it points us in.

There are thousands of these papers published and are peer-reviewed every year. Just in 2013 we had a team evaluate over 12,000 peer-reviewed papers on climate change and found consensus of over 97% agree. . .thats a lot of "Documents" that Acorn loves to hate. Damn science and their peer reviewed "documents" (Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature - IOPscience)

So yeah, "cause and effect" is the magic here. It is the magic that smokers or climate deniers can cherry pick to pretend it isn't happening and that there are someone out that that disagrees

but the fact is, the consensus is in, and it hasn't changed. . .

but just as that fact didn't change the minds of pro-smoking executives, I'm sure it won't change the mind of climate deniers.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:09 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Default The Hoax of "Global Warming"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I read the first sentence and have concluded it is BS. Nobody denies climate change, it is completely natural. What we do deny is that humans are the primary cause.
And since Fox News is the only news network willing to boldly state the truth, since "Global Warming" has been exposed as a hoax, I'm not a bit surprised that the other networks still promote the lie.

Yes, "climate change" is natural. What isn't happening is "global warming," as presented by the Left, in order to promote their Leftist agenda, which is to control our activities to conform to their liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies