Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:07 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No one is questioning that the Earth has gone through warming cycles in the past, the question for todays residents of the Earth is by using 100 million barrels of fossil fuel/oil per day are we contributing to a rapid rise in global temperatures/global warming? as said before i personally am not a climatologist and can only give an opinion but it seems logical IMO that using 100 million barrels of oil per day there must be some environmental repercussions and i'm not about to dismiss the possibility of our causing some environmental negative just because Rush Limbaugh says we arent.
I wouldn't know what Rush Limbaugh says about it since I don't listen to him.

So you admit that global temperatures rose and fell over time. And as far as we know, there wasn't anything causing that to happen which mankind had an effect on. Therefore, what makes you think today is any different?

Plus, you seem convinced by someone that temperatures are rising rapidly?

The truth is that they haven't and that's what the global warming scientists were baffled by.

Quote:
Thanks for the link to Al Gore although one has to take an article that starts off with "In this lightly edited interview transcript"with a grain of salt,It would be a bit of a stretch to say in that article he again equated GW deniers with racists, apartheid, and homophobes
.Is this what you base that claim on?

If so you are taking what he says out of context as reading on its apparent he was using the narrative to describe the nuclear arms race.
You're welcome.

Actually he talks about it in more than one place in that transcript. And what I said was he is EQUATING global warming deniers to racists, homophobes, and apartheid....which I think is an accurate assessment.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 02:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I think we need to hear all sides and then one can decide for themselves what they belive.its like say MSNBC promotes global warming ;really.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Fox news is a propaganda machine. Just like how Hitler thrived on living on people's fears, FOX works the same.

What's so fair and balanced about FOX.

I always thought when someone LIES to my face, I should not trust them. Yet, so many millions of Americans seem to be okay with people lying to them, like FOX. Haha.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Because Man-Made climate change is horse-sh*t....

Lets not forget the East Anglia scam.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,847 times
Since this is the coldest summer in many years, its hard to get on board with the sky if falling crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies