Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM

322 posts, read 582,713 times

Advertisements

LOL you guys don't have to lynch me! I just read the article and wanted to hear City-Data's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,923,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I've already shown (twice) the fallacy of the "but they predicted an ice age!" claim. Right wingers are still pretending it was some dire prediction even though I've handed them all they need to understand why they're wrong. I see there's no reason to pretend the claims of right-wing denialists are based on facts.

I'd do so a third time, but facts make the anti-science blog-reading right whine and cry about Al Gore. And if there's anything I hate, it's the whining and crying of the anti-science right. So you guys just pretend you know what you're talking about; you guys just keep sticking to that science.
Yes yes.. you showed us! Why you have everything figured out, you are just the goto guy for all the straight information. No really, that is what we all think of you. We think you really know what you are talking about. You are really informed, really you are.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:31 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,923,037 times
Kick... Scream... Thrash... Kick...

*chuckle*

Old 08-09-2013, 04:34 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,410,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
My thoughts....................................it's BS.
LOL, it's a bunch of BS... anything to get our tax dollar. It's damn cold here in the northeast. It has been all summer. Can someone send some of that global warming our way?

Old 08-09-2013, 04:39 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,276,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What about the upcoming "ice age" we were being warned about in the 1970s?
Here's what's about it. http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-cooling-myth/

Old 08-09-2013, 04:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,905,777 times
When I see Liberal progressives ban all plastics i will start to think about it. I mean ALL plastics. That cell phone case the plastic PC case, tv dash boards seat covers tables, paper wood, sliders All types, water base poly, oil base poly, anti theft packing. water bottles, all syn material made of a poly anything. line rope and straps made of oil based plastics, All cookware based on oil base plastics. All lawn furnishing based on oil plastics. All shipping packing based on plastics. All medical supplies TAXed to the top based on plastics, and no toxic wasted dumped into the sea.

You Libers will never live with out your plastics.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,905,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
LOL, it's a bunch of BS... anything to get our tax dollar. It's damn cold here in the northeast. It has been all summer. Can someone send some of that global warming our way?
yeah we want heat and free veggies.... get out of our wallets.....

Old 08-09-2013, 04:52 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,977,478 times
Why would the UK's Guardian care what Fox News, an American station, does?
This article about Fox News being responsible for brainwashing a majority of Americans against Global Warming is nonsense.
The Guardian should stick with criticizing its own citizens.

Funny Interviews with anti-Climate Change protesters in UK (G20) - YouTube

Old 08-09-2013, 04:53 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,050,450 times
No , It was two very cold winters in Florida that debunked the global warming for me, plus the major snow storm in Jersey in 2010 , heard alot about that one,,,it closed our bridge for three days.. never happened before. Bucket end loaders had to be used to get ambulances to move as the snow plows were stranded.
Blizzard in Central NJ

Time lapse of 2010 Snow Storm - YouTube

Old 08-09-2013, 04:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,829,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Let's assume we need to stop CO2 emissions. We regulate these emissions driving up the cost of energy for both consumers and business's here in the US. People pay more to turn their lights on and business's send more of their manufacturing to China becsue of cheaper energy prices there...

Now what's your plan?
This is the question I have posed myself, as have others. I have never seen an answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies